Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

OFP Servers?

Hi, does anyone know where I could rent a ofp server? I searched google but failed to find one. :(

Please help. :bounce3:

You can make one from your own old computer, I did it before but it lagged to much so I had to shut it down :(

EDIT: It lagged becouase my internet connection isnt fast enough

Edited by -Martin-

Damn, just noticed that I postedi n the wrong section, lol.

Martin I want a dedicated server that could support up to 30 players.

If your PC is fast enough and internet connection too then a home server should be able to support up to 30 players too. You can try to contact some of the owners from OFP servers to see where they rent their server :) LOL server is very fast so that would be a good place to start :)

Unless you have 200/200 broadband and six dual cores then you can forget about hosting a decent game.

But seriously. I know only that Incubus rented his server at Hungarian Total Hosting

Unless you have 200/200 broadband and six dual cores then you can forget about hosting a decent game.

But seriously. I know only that Incubus rented his server at Hungarian Total Hosting

6 Dual cores for a OFP server? :eek: thats a bit too much, my server ran great on a pentium 3 only problem was I only have a 1MB broadband so it lagged and I shut it down, didnt have missions anyway :p

Would a OFP server even make use of multi-cores?

To answer your question, you could look up renting any dedicated server that allows you to install your own stuff. There are plenty out there like that.

Would a OFP server even make use of multi-cores?

No, Faguss was being sarcastic....:)

AFAIK only ARMA2 takes advantage of dual cores. Hosting a game is quite a bit different than playing on a dedicated server.

HUNGARY:

OFP

Win server around 12 EUR / 24 slot

Linux server around 13,5 EUR / 24 slot

-10% or -12,5% if u pay a year fore.

i can give ENG speaking contacts if anybody interest.