Sign in to follow this  
WimpoD

Mods for ArmA2 - Where to start?

Hi all! New to the forums, I don't know if this is exactly the place to post this thread but I'll give it a try.

I bought ArmA2 today after some truly exhilarating battles in the demo. Should be out enjoying the sunshine but I'm just too engaged in getting my game set-up etc.

I've browsed the forums, but couldn't find an specific information on what I'm after and I'm hoping some of you community members could possibly help out? I like mods so I was wondering what you guys can recommend for me to install before I even get going. I have just installed the 1.02 patch that came out, so the mods would need to work with that version.

Are there any mods I should just install straight away? I read something about the ACE2 mod for ArmA2, do I need that? Is it even out? There is such a comprehensive amount of mods for the game, and I don't know which ones i need (if any).

Thanks for your time and for reading this, I hope I made some sort of sense.

Ta ta! :)

ACE2 is not yet released, but if it's half as good as ACE to ArmA1 it'll be a blast!

Other than that I guess there are some voice reducing addons, blur-removing ones, and chat UI-fixing ones (if you check the 'Addons & Mods: Completed' forum). Quite nice client-side things that can make the gaming experience more enjoyable if one think one of the above needs fixing ^^

You really don't need to install anything right away, the game is pretty good as it is ;)

Just make sure to get ACE 2 when it comes out ;)

i got other question when i "install" the mods do i have to do something with the desktop icon for arma

Edit I know now:yay:

Edited by Wiktor

www.armaholic.com . It has the best overview in their download section in my opinion. Easy to browse and friendly peeps.