Sign in to follow this  
TJ Dubs

E8500 cpu 100% usage

I am starting to get a little worried about the amount of usage on my cpu while running Arma 2.

My G15 keyboard display shows that I am using between 90 and 100% at all times while its running.

It is often at 100% as well.Is this normal for my E8500 stock 3.12 ghz cpu?I am running everything on medium bar a few things on high.

Any help or explanation would be great.

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Try running a CPU temperature monitoring program in the background and alt-tab to it to see if it's over heating (or get a temp display for the G15), if not then it should be sweet any which way.

Are there programs you can download for the G15 then?

Never thought of that before, thank you!

I am starting to get a little worried about the amount of usage on my cpu while running Arma 2.

My G15 keyboard display shows that I am using between 90 and 100% at all times while its running.

It is often at 100% as well.Is this normal for my E8500 stock 3.12 ghz cpu?I am running everything on medium bar a few things on high.

Any help or explanation would be great.

I also have an e8500. I noticed the same thng when running Arma2. The only worry I have about it is that I reackon that's what's stopping me getting a decent fps.

Another E8500 here, but let me tell you that the processor isn't the bottleneck.

Even before oc'ing it I had quite decent frames with the right tweaks (max 70, avg ~35, min 23).

I wouldnt worry too much about the usage of both cpu cores. At stock speed it runs quite cool.

So, to arc back to the initial "question" ... I also have that usage, so I suppose its kinda normal.

Probably. On a side note, I have an E7300 and a 9800gt graphics card.

I overclocked the Graphics card and got no increase. Over clocked the CPU and got a Frames per sec increase. I think Arma just likes to tax the CPU.

The problem with having both cores at 100% is that you cannot then get any kind of usable FRAPS footage.

Yeah I'm not surprised that it is using 100% of your E8500 as my Q6600@3.0GHz runs around 55-65% in game.

I'd be happy if the game was using 100% of my cpu :)

With my quadcore it's also about 60% :/

my tripple core BE720 has run at about 90% before after being overclocked :/ And while my CPU is at 90%, my GPU is at about 40%....