Sign in to follow this  
LT. Razgriz

Editing units

First, I hope this is in the right section. Unsure if I should put this here or config editing or something like that. Admins feel free to move it of course.

But what I want to ask is : Can anyone tell me how exactly to go about making a unit out of already existing parts in A2? I want to add a Russian MVD Operator that has medic abilities like any other medic unit, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I think it should be rather simple to change the normal Russian medic to use the MVD model and then just make it a new unit, but as I said I have little idea how to do this.

Anyone willing to help?

BIS will have to release MLOD-formated p3ds for you to do this. They did so for A1, but I'm not holding my breath for the same in A2.

i think he is more looking for a config change (i think correct me if i am wrong he want to create a new unit with current models so all he need is a new config setup the names and groupes and then have a extra medic)

i hope i am right because if so,

i would like to know as well as i want to extend the group of assault marines (FR) to include a marksman, gunner, medic, etc. using the same models but with different loadouts

Can anyone tell me how exactly to go about making a unit out of already existing parts in A2?

Telling you exactly would mean doing the work for you, and this is out of the question, hence the very few replys on your request. No one is gonna do the work for you.

I want to add a Russian MVD Operator that has medic abilities like any other medic unit, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I think it should be rather simple to change the normal Russian medic to use the MVD model and then just make it a new unit, but as I said I have little idea how to do this.

Yes, it suppose to be simple.

Create a basic addon - you should be finding a quick template around on biki, all you'll need to look after is changing the name of your unit to MVD class (or whatever that is called), or just adding another class to the existing ones, and adding attendant = true;

This should be a really easy job

Hope it helps. Again, no one will hold your hand and write the changes you need done for you....

Hi, what you want is really easy (when you know how to do it.. ;) ). No need for changing models or whatever, you only need a tiny text file (config.cpp) with a few lines. As I dont have arma2 yet I cannot really help you now. If I had I could do it for you in a couple of minutes.

For now I suggest you head over to the right forum for this question: ArmA 2 : CONFIGS AND SCRIPTING (addons)

Good luck!