Sign in to follow this  
Harri16

Movie question

Have anyone of you watched a movie called Under Siege? (I mean the first one that was filmed on that battlecruiser) Well doesn anyone know the name of the song that is played after they shoot down that F-18 figther? From the battlecruiser I mean. I think that the same song was in Blackhawk Down movie, when the soldiers are leavin' on the chopper and the general comes and says sth to them. Then one of the soldiers says that "He has never done that before." Does anyone know the name of that song? I would like to use it on one of my missions.

Jimmy hendrix,you never heard of him ? That mofo is awesome. smile.gif

Song is voodoo child

Also i would check out somemore of his stuff

Along the watch tower

purple haze

little wing

angel

hey joe

also somemore,i'll edit it once i find his cd and tell you some of his good songs. smile.gif

Yeha Jimmy Hendrix kicks ass I like Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Crosstown Traffic

House Burning Down

Come On

Well those are the ones I can rember at the moment.

You simply must check out Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix & Band Of Gypsies - live at Filmore East.

There are other versions around, but this is THE DEFINITVE version, with a playing time of 12:36 mins.

In the beginning he says "Happy New Year" and dedicates the song to "...all the soldiers fighting in Chicago... an' Milwaukee... an' New York, oh yes, an' all the soldiers fighting in Vietnam " (so if you hear this, you know you've got the right version )

I recommend you dim the lights, pour a drink, spark up ( if you're over 18 of course wink.gif ) and just let the music wash over you...

It's real fucking heavy though - you might need to have lie down after   biggrin.gif

Thanks people! biggrin.gif I will surely check out some of his other songs as well. Thanks again! smile.gif

That "Voodoo child" (or was it chile) wasn't the original version.

In the Blackhawk down movie.

I'm not sure even if it's Jimi?

Does someone know??

did you know jimi hendrix was in the US army ?

Try looking for the Jimi Hendrix/Jim Morrison classic duet.

That legendary "F*ck her in the ass"

Listen to that for a couple of minutes, its completely crazy. Enough to put you off acid for life!

(Try sliding All Along The Watch Tower into a OFP mission. Nothing like listening to that whilst dangling out a chopper smile.gif

)

@ foxer

Hendrix was a paratrooper.

Everyone must check out "Machine Gun" - Filmore east biggrin.gif

Jimi Hendrix served in the 101st Airborne Division in the early 60s (before Vietnam war escalation).

And injured his back on a jump thus was invalided out smile.gif

Yeap.

101st Airborne, if I am not mistaken.

One of these days I'll make a trip to his gravesite in Seattle and say a little prayer for such a musical genius lost.

edi: Damn, I shoulda read the second page before replying.

Too bad he's not alive anymore,i think he could still have hits today.He can play the guitar better then anyone i think. smile.gif

I was watching this one show ,and this kid had an jimi hendrix guitar which he(jimi hendrix) signed his name to,the guitar could be sold for like 400,000 bucks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Mar. 15 2002,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad he's not alive anymore,i think he could still have hits today.He can play the guitar better then anyone i think.    smile.gif

I was watching this one show ,and this kid had an jimi hendrix guitar which he(jimi hendrix) signed his name to,the guitar could be sold for like 400,000 bucks.<span id='postcolor'>

i'd say the guys from system of a down, slayer, slipknot and several other bands would give hendrix a good thrashing in certain aspects of guitar playing. I can't admit to listening to much hendrix tho

i think the only reason he ascended into greatness (taking this from the little i've heard about him music wise) was that he died, same as kurt cobain and nirvana, which was a naff band with cheesy video's, and 2pac, who sucked

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Mar. 15 2002,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think the only reason he ascended into greatness (taking this from the little i've heard about him music wise) was that he died<span id='postcolor'>

Errr no, the reason he ascended into greatness was because of the simple fact he was great, he was massively popular before he died, I don't see how his death has any relevance to his popularity today either, I'm a huge fan of the Rolling Stones music from the 60's and they're not dead (even if they do look it) wink.gif

I've yet to hear a guitarist that can make a guitar talk and sing the way Jimi could, some have come close but they're still a fair way off.