Sign in to follow this  
guiltyspark

Fix the miniguns

The rate of fire on the miniguns are astoundingly slow , and so is the sound for them.

if im not mistaken

BIS have said alot of the sounds are placeholders so that isnt much of an issue, little touches like the minigun ROF will most likely come in later patches.

Lol.

Placeholders for what? Arma3? Aren't placeholders placeholders for a reason? Were they planning to put them in when they finished the game?

Placeholders for better sounds, what else?

It was either that or delay the game until they have all the sounds ready to be implemented, it was a pretty good choice in my eyes. ARMA sounds holding the place of the new sounds until they go in isn't exactly gamebreaking.

I'd imagine that BI will continue to improve the game for years to come, like they did for OFP and are doing for ArmA.

BIS have said alot of the sounds are placeholders so that isnt much of an issue, little touches like the minigun ROF will most likely come in later patches.

i dont know , its pretty easy to change the ROF for a weapon , and i think a group making a military simulator would know a thing or two about how fast a minigun fires.

Its not the case in the game

It has been stated by a developer that there is a engine limitation on rate of fire (here about Shilka):

Original Shilka/Tunguska do fire from one place because ArmA engine cannot fire more than 1 bullet per frame from a single weapon. Real guns have very fast rate of fire that with average 20-25fps cannot be simulated. Therefore we have set that single simulated bullets represents 2x-3x strength of one bullet fired in correct FPS. Modmakers should revise ammo definition in case they try to fire more bullets in time otherwise those weapons will be overpowered.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1307149&postcount=15

Why not treat the minigun as several guns than? To clarify, all but one of those guns (the minigun itself) would be invisible, and the bullet would originate from the miniguns barrel.

Well, feel free to code a better one. I bet everyone here would appreciate it. :rolleyes:

Well, feel free to code a better one. I bet everyone here would appreciate it. :rolleyes:

why are you defending this?

Ok, I just realized you opened the thread "realistic carnage".

I cease my discussion with you since this seems not to be the right game and community for you.

Ok, I just realized you opened the thread "realistic carnage".

I cease my discussion with you since this seems not to be the right game and community for you.

"I hate improvements to my favorite games so much, that i should use other peoples threads that have no topic here as an argument"

reported

Closing - this belongs in the ArmA2 impressions thread.