Sign in to follow this  

hello I am new and would like to know how I create a respawn in Game Thanks!

First you have to learn to post in the correct thread... :p

hello I am new and would like to know how I create a respawn in Game Thanks!

There are a few ways to do it. Make your mission find it and add this line to a description.ext file (open notepad add those lines and save it as a description.ext file) put this in your mission folder.

respawn = "2"; <---2 is respawn where you died

respawndelay = 10; <--- in secs

go here for more info if you like

http://www.ofpec.com/

Edited by rowdied
spelling

I have created a "description.ext" file like you mention. Also added the commands:

// Instantly respawn back to base, which is a pre-placed marker called "respawn_west" for BLUFOR for example.

respawn = "BASE";

respawnDelay = 0;

What else do i need to do to make it work?

I basically want to use markers to have 3 random spawn points all along an airstrip so that if you die while on mission you have a chance of spawning in front of say fixed winged craft or any of the others spawn spots have there.

i apologize if this is covered somewhere.

I have created a "description.ext" file like you mention. Also added the commands:

// Instantly respawn back to base, which is a pre-placed marker called "respawn_west" for BLUFOR for example.

respawn = "BASE";

respawnDelay = 0;

What else do i need to do to make it work?

I basically want to use markers to have 3 random spawn points all along an airstrip so that if you die while on mission you have a chance of spawning in front of say fixed winged craft or any of the others spawn spots have there.

i apologize if this is covered somewhere.

you have to make 2 more markers. called respawn_west_1 and respawn_west_2.

then you will be randomly respawn at respawn_west, respawn_west_1 or at respawn_west_2.

your description.ext should look like this

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 0;
respawnVehicle="BASE";
respawnVehicleDelay=0;

respawn vehicle means that your vehicles will respawn at one of the markers, randomly, with 0 delay.

now in the editor make those markers (respawn_west; respawn_west_1; respawn_west_2)

hope thats help, sorry for my crappy english

Can you tell me how to respawn at a closer place on the map once you have activated a certain trigger?

for example :

Player team enters trigger 1, instead of respawning at the original respawn _west marker, now an objective is clear all players now spawn at respawn_west_1.

Thanks in advance!

;1339202']Can you tell me how to respawn at a closer place on the map once you have activated a certain trigger?

for example :

Player team enters trigger 1' date=' instead of respawning at the original respawn _west marker, now an objective is clear all players now spawn at respawn_west_1.

Thanks in advance!

if you have respawn_west, respawn_west_1, respawn_west_2, then your respawn will be random (/fixme)

im a noob at arma editing, but this may work :) (i cant test it atm)

make a temp marker (for example r_w_temp, but it doesnt matter) to the location where you want to move your respawn_west marker

and then at the trigger's window, at the "on act" field type this:

"respawn_west" setMarkerPos getMarkerPos "r_w_temp"

so when the trigger activates, this will (as i guess) sets the respawn_west marker's position to r_w_temp's location.

I'm kinda new to editing to, but How do you make a respawn menu of Spawn Locations, then all the player has to do is click and spawn? Like in the Domination Maps...

watching this thread with interest. I want to use an optional mobile respawn, in the form of a vehicle, but I can't find out how!