Sign in to follow this  
Nickos

Surviving a heli crash-handling the wounds

So, my question is: Would it be possible to make a mod (or something similiar) that makes surviving in a vehicle that got destroyed? Damn, it would've been EPIC to, for example, fly back to your base for debriefing, and in the middle of the journey your heli gets hit by a AA rocket, and you and your teammates fall down, praying for survival! But in normal ARMA 2 it's impossible to survive something like this and i would know if some good modder\scripter would know how to do this. Of course i don't request anythin', just makin' a suggestion.

Nickos Omega Out

I think the possibility of surviving a heli crash is a good suggestion :)

The only thing that i can think of that the engine would allow for is a higher armor value with a lower value on the rotors. Or maybe if you keep the armor values the same, but when you take damage and your plummeting to the ground the helicopter becomes invincible and then when it hits the ground it gets rid of all armor value.

If you're a good pilot it's not hard to survive being shot down in a chopper. As for planes, I would love for some sort of damage reduction for emergency landings, ie instead of just turning to a flaming wreck (unless you sustain MASSIVE damage) you lose control/functionality depending on where you've been hit, and if you can land belly down at a low angle and not crash into anything, possibly survive.

Certainly for the prop planes, I imagine they could go down fairly hard without killing everyone. It's not as if they're got the massive forces supersonic jets have acting on them, you'll be going a lot slower when you hit the ground, and the generally wider and straighter wingspan gives them a little more lift while gliding.

There is situations where the tail rotor can get smashed and stop. your heli will start spin and you need to work with the rudders. This happens in this game and if you know what your doing you will get it down with everyone alive. KA52 can lose one of its props as well.

Hello all,

Im pretty sure this subject was takled in arma 1 and poss ofp forums.

But as this is Arma 2, I'm also in favour of a more realistic damage model for Helos/planes heck, for all vehicles.

It's all too easy to get knocked out of the sky and although it may not be too realistic, to be able to survive a crash say 40/60 percent of the time with half my hitpoints and perhaps only my side arm, it would certainly make missions more exciting.

Not pure realism I know.

rgds

LoK

I personally expriemented with this in ArmA 1 and I found a problem, when the helicopter gets destroyed, the bodies inside it dissappear. If someone can figure out a way to bypass that, it may very well work. You would have the player ejected on impact on the ground with a random damage amount added, and then there you go...

That's great. Using it in a mission anybody? Mission starring me? lol

Oh, and th3flyboy, it's ARMA 2, not Armed Assault, so it's probably fixed now

Edited by Nickos

Hello all

I dont believe bodies have remained in destroyed vehicles since OFP, but I may be wrong there.

Rgds

LoK

Thats not true. In ArmA 1 for example, if you shoot down a harrier with a pilot inside, he stays in the wreck.

But ofr some other vehicles thats not the case

hello there,

I ment destroyed vehicles not damaged/creash landed ones.

Or am I wrong? Im getting old and dont remember things as well as I used to :)

rgds

LoK

Thats not true. In ArmA 1 for example, if you shoot down a harrier with a pilot inside, he stays in the wreck.

But ofr some other vehicles thats not the case

Destroyed