Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAce

In-game voices

How are the radio voice chats in game, as some know the voices in ArmA 1 are pulled from diffrent files for each action and words, so they didn't sound right.

The way you just described. They are pretty aweful sounding.

When you're really into the game probably won't notice much though.

There must be a simple way to resolve this, like joining the words together then runing some kind of filter over them so that they sound more natural and not broken.

Edit, is it in fact the gaps between the words that make it sound awful, gaps being to small or large making it sound un natural?

Edited by Minkey

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6031

Try this latest Arma 2 radio silent (of sorts) mod.

Works good it narrows your spoken wording down to the target ... instead of "1 .. go to .. that . tree ... at .... " etc it simply says "tree". Well basically the ending target of everything is spoken only.

I think we will have to wait for the 3rd instalment (Arma geddon ma bike)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6031

Try this latest Arma 2 radio silent (of sorts) mod.

Works good it narrows your spoken wording down to the target ... instead of "1 .. go to .. that . tree ... at .... " etc it simply says "tree". Well basically the ending target of everything is spoken only.

Until the game ships in the US... I have to wait... :cry2: Well that’s a bummer that the game is choppy as it was, what about the other regional versions, do they do the same thing?

I noticed that the voices on the Russian side are quite good. They flow well like in OFP, etc. But as soon as you go back to the US side it's just horrible.

I really wish they just took the time to record all the combinations minus the number ones. It's honestly not that hard.

I really wish they just took the time to record all the combinations minus the number ones. It's honestly not that hard.

Just time consuming.

Just time consuming.

It would probably increase the size of the game by a lot too.

I don't have the game yet, but isn't the number of possible combinations insanely high? I suppose they could string together a few of the more commonly linked words though, without having to worry about the whole sentence.

Still, as TLove mentioned, it would just require that much more developer time that could otherwise be spent on more important things.