Sign in to follow this  
Gearson

High Command in Multiplayer

Does any one know if this is supported? I've tried to set it up according to the documentation, but it only works properly in single player or when I am the commander in a hosted server. If I host a server but let someone else take the commander slot, the commander does not have access to the command functions. I have not yet had the chance to try it with a dedicated server. Any help getting this working would be appreciated.

yeah it works, we have a mission on our dedi server withit setup!

Does it also work after respawn of the commander / subordinates?

And, as a second question, does it work with disabledAI ???

Xeno

Dedicated server or hosted ?

And with disabledAI I mean, can a sub group leader slot be empty (no player has chosen such a slot) ?

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Hosted. But I think it should work on a Dedi too :)

And yes it works if you are not the group leader who is synced with the High Command module.

If you disable the AI and take number 3 from the squad you can command the other BLUFOR/OPFOR groups :)

yeah it works, we have a mission on our dedi server withit setup!

What is the name of this mission? Is there some other location I can get it from?

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Hosted. But I think it should work on a Dedi too :)

And yes it works if you are not the group leader who is synced with the High Command module.

If you disable the AI and take number 3 from the squad you can command the other BLUFOR/OPFOR groups :)

I don't completely follow what you are saying here. Does it still work if you sync a team commander with a high commander module?

I'm completely lost when you talk about how you can command the other BLUFOR/OPFOR groups.

Would it be possible for you, or anyone, to post an example?

Sry ^^

It works on a dedicated server but only the Leader from a group can use the module. The members can't command other groups.

But you can sync. all Squad members and the leader to the command module and so all of them can use the module.

Hope you unterstood that now :D

Sry ^^

It works on a dedicated server but only the Leader from a group can use the module. The members can't command other groups.

But you can sync. all Squad members and the leader to the command module and so all of them can use the module.

Hope you unterstood that now :D

I have tried this on a dedicated server now, and it has not worked for me. Can any one say if "disableAI" is required for this to work? Should it work if there are friendly/playable AI in the mission? Again, it would be helpful if someone could post an example mission. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

It seems I spoke too soon. The documentation says that all you need to do to get high command working is to link a high command module to a group, but it seems that in order to make sure it works properly in multiplayer, you need to use the subordinate high command module as documented.

Sorry to dig up an old thread,

Is it possible to have multiple "high commanders" such as one on each team.

Would be great to duel it out RTS style against a friend.

Didn't test, but I can't see why you couldn't just place 2 HC and then some SOs and sync them accordingly.

Sorry to dig up an old thread,

Is it possible to have multiple "high commanders" such as one on each team.

Would be great to duel it out RTS style against a friend.

I believe it is possible, I've been thinking that same thing for a few days now working on a mission. Just think an RTS A2OA would be pretty dang fun. :P