Sign in to follow this  
H.A.L

Alert & Danger modes

Danger and Aware combat modes in arma2. There is a huge difference between the two now... Danger mode is "Oh crap we're gonna be in a firefight any second now" mode, while "Aware" is for basically everything else. Arma2 danger mode is slightly different now, it's not just a case that your a.i. use different stances & use cover anymore.

Rather than proceeding at your own pace and hoping your squad keeps up with you - something that was ok in Arma, but your a.i. doesn't like in Arma2.

Basically, in Danger mode you advance some meters forward to a piece of cover, then wait for your squad to catch up to you and he declare "Go, I'm covering" and such. Then move forward again, and repeat.

Remember to work with your squad in Danger mode.;)

^^ True. This is worth noting. The first time I set my squad to danger mode, I gleefully ran ahead thinking they would keep up. I was mistaken.

I'd like to see Danger and Aware mode switches added to the spacebar menu like hold/open fire are.

Yeah, took me ages to relise that's why the squad werent keeping up.

I'd like to see the space bar menu be a quick menu where you can put in any commands you want :) Danger and Aware would definately go in there. I'm always switching between them...

I'd like to see Danger and Aware mode switches added to the spacebar menu like hold/open fire are.

+1

I've been thinking the same thing.