Sign in to follow this  
vanos

Arma 2 error when installing.

I just downloaded the files on my hardrive and installed from there, All files are in the same folder.

I'm getting these errors.

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\PLANTS2_MISC.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\PLANTS2_MISC.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\PLANTS2_MISC.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\PLANTS2_TREE.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\PLANTS2_TREE.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ROADS2.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ROADS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\SIGNS2.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\SIGNS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

sorry fixed now, 1 of the 12 files whasnt complete. :o

Same error here - for me on the air and a10 pbos.

Noticed this was for 1.01 to 1.02, but is the same error;

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\A10.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Edited by cjph
Earlier thread.

Yeah - updating from 104-105...

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file ADDONS\a10.pbo.bi.bisign, phase 1.

Could someone post the md5 for the zip? And exe?

I grabbed the patch from the torrent, running on WinXP32 Home.

I downloaded the patch from a torrent and it was corrupted. Downloaded from Armaholic and it worked fine after that.

Which was a little annoying considering Armaholic took 1 hour to download, the torrent took 5 mins.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

BTW, I believe the XDELTA error means that it checked the file and it wasn't the right checksum so it refused to patch. Not sure why this would happen other than it attempting to patch the files in a location where they aren't, or if the files have been modified, but after a fresh reinstall I would suggest patching straight to 1.05

ARMA2Update_105.exe

Filesize 283.647.963 Bytes

MD5: A733132022075502327044023C80C62A

I downloaded the patch from armed-assault.de and from eprison.de, both are the same and both throw said error. No background process running, I double-checked that, also didn't use any download managers. I'll try the (slow) armaholic.com file now...

EDIT: It's the same, too. Oh, and the ZIP file has the same MD5 as given on arma2.com (except the one from eprison.de becuase they put a weblink shortcut to their site in there)

So I guess it's not a corrupt patch download, but something else, maybe a bug in the file checker. I'll try a reinstall from DVD and patch straight to 1.05.

EDIT2: reinstalling from scratch worked, at least. Just so damn slow, I hate DVDs. And DVD checks, so I hope BIS brings out the next beta patch fast...

Edited by Brainbug

Rgr.

The torrent version has a different md5, so I'm downloading from OFPEC. (Which rocks.)

Will try re-applying the patch.

The OFPEC download didn't unpack - there was a CRC error.

Downloaded from KellysHeroes, and the MD5s matched up. But, got a similar error with the A10 bisign.

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\A10.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Now in a state of ArmA2 holding pattern. Reluctant to reinstall, but can't really play, either....

As I said, it's obviously something with the file checker in den patch that doesn't recognize the patched-to-1.04 files. It works however if you reinstall completely from DVD and then patch from 1.00 directly to 1.05. Takes a while, but at least it works. Uninstalling and reinstalling keeps your profile folder, so no hassle with any config stuff. BTW, the new mini-campaign ROCKS!

I have uninstalled it and ran it directly from 1.00 to 1.05 patch, still the same problem.

the patch was downloaded strait from http://www.arma2.com/support/updates/file/219-arma2update_105.html?lang=en

PREVIOUS POST:

I'm having a similar problem with Patches 1.04 and now 1.05. When running patch install it gives me errors: Error found in file ADDONS\anims.pbo (00000000!=00000001) and so on. This stupid patch did this with 1.04 and now 1.05, very frustrating! Got the patch 1.04 to finally run with no errors by uninstalling the game half a dozen times, reinstalling it. And then running the patch 1.04 again and again. And running registry cleaner after uninstall. Thought that was done, but now it's doing it with 1.05.

Running Windows Vista service pack 1.

ANY HELP HERE? WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PATCHES?

The original ArmA II game is a store bought on disc...

After a corrupt patch I had to verify cache intergrity to restore the 1.04 Steam version then applied a fresh patch on it and it worked like a charm.

ok what i'm finding to work is (on a fresh install) when it gives an error, before hitting the retry button. i go to the disk find the .bpo it's giving the error on, and over write the .bpo file installed on the computer with the .pbo from the dick. and then the patch installer can get past the error. i had to do that for every error message. ONLY OVER WRITE THE .PBO IN THE ERROR MESSAGE. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO OVER WRITE ANY THING INSTALLED BY THE PATCH BEFOR THE ERROR.

sometimes i had to overwrite the .pbo twice. if the .pbo is in a compressed zip open it and drag it out of thier to your arma install location, this took along time! sorry i don't have the steam or direct drive version so i don't know about that, but couldn't it be done in the same manner?

Edited by adamant

All I did was,,,, hit the ignore button,, for every error.... works fine :)

All I did was,,,, hit the ignore button,, for every error.... works fine :)

I had done that with 1.04 and I couldn't get in to multi player servers.

So I had to rerun the patch correctly.

But I could get in the servers that people had hit ignore on.

The games have to match I think.

It's working fine even in multilayer?

with the .pbo from the dick. ?

Had to quote ya there bud. Most typo's are not worthy, but that is.:p

ot,

W7 Ultimate upgrade 64bit, patched ArmA2 1.04 to 1.05 with no issues.

I am getting the same errors.

I already ran the latest patch and everything was fine, however I uninstalled the game to put it on a new disk and now I can't run any patch.

Can you reinstall the game to start over, and then the patch? You put it on a new disk, ... What for? Was it the steam version?

This worked for me;

ok what i'm finding to work is (on a fresh install) when it gives an error, before hitting the retry button. i go to the disk find the .bpo it's giving the error on, and over write the .bpo file installed on the computer with the .pbo from the dick. and then the patch installer can get past the error. i had to do that for every error message. ONLY OVER WRITE THE .PBO IN THE ERROR MESSAGE. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO OVER WRITE ANY THING INSTALLED BY THE PATCH BEFOR THE ERROR.

sometimes i had to overwrite the .pbo twice. if the .pbo is in a compressed zip open it and drag it out of thier to your arma install location, this took along time! sorry i don't have the steam or direct drive version so i don't know about that, but couldn't it be done in the same manner?

Edited by adamant

But I could get in the servers that people had hit ignore on.

Like I said on the other one matey...

My server installed correctly.. my local would not, tried everything that I could think of, resinstalled, re downloaded patch etc.... then just pressed ignore.... I have only tried it on my server so far but there shouldnt be a problem.. unless maybe its the something to do with the steam version,,, both my local and server are not Steam.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Have just checked various other servers.... connected fine to everyone of them..

I tried about 10 diff ones from diff countries etc.... No problem at all...

Cool.... Taxman. just didn't want anything wrong with your dedicated.