Sign in to follow this  
Zapman2010

[BUG] ArmA2 AI Wayfinding pls fix it

Hello,

I like this game very much, but I play lan Multiplayer with NPCs

I started a vihilce to go from postion A to Postion B, the way it took its first funny, then you can cry

So pls give the AI a valid driver licence !!!!!!!!

sorry for bad english, my natural language is german, also for video quality, video is recorded on 1920 x 1200 and was rendered down to 320 x 240 Pixel, I don't found quickly a other software to do the job.

nice crying

ps.

Not I drive the car, it drive a AI, looks like very very drunken

Video show Version 1.02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7R6KaZ_dI8

I acceppt much bugs, bugs like that the single player campaign not end and give me no new objectives, in the first mission :)

I acceppt that AI hits me 4 km awway with head shout

but such driver fuck , I can't acceppt in my team

Edited by Zapman2010

Have you patched the game to 1.02 which is supposed to do a lot about AI's driving?

You didnt see the other threads about this? Known issue wich should be better in the latest patch (1.02). I think its an ongoing process to get this real good. Remember how big game area there is in ARMA2.

Sorry I can't change Topic Title, this was recorded 30 minutes ago with version 1.02

the youtube video contain the right version

Ok then all i can say is that - it isnt perfect - yet. Im sure its better than 1.01, but remember its a huge area where vehicles have to know where to drive. Like i said im sure BIS hasnt stopped enhancing this.

They hurried to give us a patch with a lot of fixes and let it out in the morning of saturday... Working all night and kept coming here to tell us about progress.

Its very nice you record videos and show instead of just nag. :) Best is if BIS could see exactlly where it happens. I know - your not supposed to be a tester for this game, but believe me it will get better and better and you know its already an awesome game so we need to help BIS find out where things messes up so they know what to look for and fix.

Alex

I understand the problem of the big areas and also the problem of the big size of code :)

I love this game, also with all the bugs out there :)

But I only want show whats wrong , in hope somebody fix it, dev pls take a look :D

Big areas are no matter for pathfinding or hindering Ai to maneuver in an appropriate way, it´s the pathfinding and roadmap placement with Arma2 that causes trouble. Same goes for objects near to roads and other vehicles in the same group trying to reorganize on roads while interfering into other group-members way´s. I had it just yesterday with a small convoi where two vehicles spent 5 minues of dancing around each other while trying to get back on path again. All were careless-mode, etc. Unfit for driving I´d say.

Hello,

I like this game very much, but I play lan Multiplayer with NPCs

I started a vihilce to go from postion A to Postion B, the way it took its first funny, then you can cry

So pls give the AI a valid driver licence !!!!!!!!

sorry for bad english, my natural language is german, also for video quality, video is recorded on 1920 x 1200 and was rendered down to 320 x 240 Pixel, I don't found quickly a other software to do the job.

nice crying

ps.

Not I drive the car, it drive a AI, looks like very very drunken

Video show Version 1.02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7R6KaZ_dI8

Watching the video doesnt make me want to buy the game. AI driving like that is one of the few things thats really can ruin the game or me. It was supposed to be patched in 1.02 but I see its still very bad. I really hope BIS will fix bugs before even thinking about adding new gameplay features.

Wow. That was really, really fucking awful. :( I had dared hope the newest patch would put my worries to rest - but, nope. If this the new improved vehicle AI in v1.02, I sincerely don't want to know what it was like in the earlier versions.

Edited by St!gar

Never let AI drive if you can avoid it. Follow this simple rule and you'll have a much nicer experience.

Yeah the AI is dumb as a door knob, especially when driving . Please fix this.

Never let AI drive if you can avoid it. Follow this simple rule and you'll have a much nicer experience.

You are right, but its not the topic, sorry

Im glad i never see these things as we always play humans only. But ofcourse it should work. Im sure it gets better. Just skip sending cars around for now. ARMA2 can be played in so many ways. ;)

Tried the same, seen the same :)

At least in forest and dense areas, AI as the biggest difficulties avoiding the obstacles, like seen in vid. Ofc, the vehicle is not the most agile available.

The skill doesn't matter, neither the behavior, the end result is always the same

Now you're making me wonder if I had a fluke. One of the first things I did was to run an editor mission with 3 squads, had them jump in 3 urals, join up, and travel halfway (or there abouts) across the map. The 1.01 final version couldn't make it 50m without running off road. The 1.02 made it solid as can be. The most AI driving issue I had was with a pair of LAV's, one turned too sharp and headed into a building, the other stopped at the rear of the first, blocking it in. Going to check it out more.

Yeah, but it should not be like that. In a game like this, we depend much on the AI driving and flying skills, so they should work. But as said earlier, hopefully BIS are still working on this!

As far as I've seen, it's when the obstacle numer begins to reach an AI's oversaturating rate that issues appear ;) In forest with a vehicle blocking half the road, for example.

Otherwise it's better than 1.01 and mostly runs great. I rely heavily on AI driving skills in crCTI and so far, so good. Don't go thinking the AI is always driving like that ;)

Otherwise it's better than 1.01 and mostly runs great. I rely heavily on AI driving skills in crCTI and so far, so good. Don't go thinking the AI is always driving like that

You must have a different game.

Or a total different zero-line.

Everyone relies in crCTI on AI driving skills - because there is no other - except driving yourself. Which I do when I sit with AI in the same vehicle.

And as I mentioned before - the very important support vehicle exists for a reason also as tracked vehicle in crCTI - you can guess the reason?

I had a few 1.02 sessions, I used UAZs and Vodniks, I can not see an improvement. Maybe the improvement is to tiny to recognize.

Everyone relies in crCTI on AI driving skills - because there is no other - except driving yourself. Which I do when I sit with AI in the same vehicle.

And as I mentioned before - the very important support vehicle exists for a reason also as tracked vehicle in crCTI - you can guess the reason?

I had a few 1.02 sessions, I used UAZs and Vodniks, I can not see an improvement. Maybe the improvement is to tiny to recognize.

BIS said that they are working on the AI driving. I dont know if they did, but they said that if everything didnt fit in this patch, it will in the next patch. I have my fingers crossed.

The issues I had was with my tank gunner who for whatever reasons insisted in turning his cannon around all the time while in towns and got it stuck in various houses and such, preventing my driver to drive correctly, I had to take care of driving myself.

Oh, another instance was my driver stuck in a lil lake and who couldn't go around it.

Apart from that, my support truck (ie wheeled) followed me the whole time, from our base south up to the airfield to provide me with repairs, he was following routes without any issue, even though there was sometimes some wrekcks on it. Notice, the area is not forested