Sign in to follow this  
Python1

Installed 1.02 now my squad won't move

I installed the new patch, and started the "Delaying the Bear" mission, and my squad won't move or do anything. They just stand there totally unresponsive to commands or me moving.

did you 'revert' and start from the beginning, or start it already in-progress? After patching you should revert the mission and start it all over

Yes I reverted, I restarted, I shut down my computer and then tried again, same thing every time.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I just beat the mission on my own, made it to the next one and got the same thing. My squad is totally unresponsive they just stand there. Can anyone help?

Yeah :-( Same problem.... Delaying the Bear : team doesn´t respond to my orders.

Everybody has the same problem as me! Fix it quickly, please!

I notices that if you play "regular" mode, Ai seem to be less responsive, have you tried in a mode higher than this to see what happens? (as a test).

@mrcash2009; to humor you I tried it, and it didn't work. We're not talking about Ai being less responsive, we're saying 100% totally non-responsive, thanks for trying though.

I had the same problem with patch 1.01, did it solo and after the cut scene my squad joined automatically. After the base was built, i recieved control over the friendlies as well (still at the top of the hill). After installing 1.02, same problem, so I gave up and started the whole campaign again..

I had this problem after I chose to join NAPA forces in "bitter chill". Squad wouldn't budge in the "delaying bear" mission no matter what happened so I completed it solo. Problem would repeat in the next mission, badlands with NAPA.

I conquered the first town with NAPA's assistance but nothing happened.

Today I went back to bitter chill and tried to make it to the ship, but no can do. As an aside: I got as close as 3000m from the ship, so I called the chopper. Moron pilot picked me up at the 4th try because he would choose to land on the one odd tree in the middle of an open field, with the result one would normally expect. When we finally managed to get onboard, instead of flying toward the ship the pilot headed straight toward novy sabor, where a sam got us down. Go figure!

Anyway, this time, instead of joining NAPA forces I chose to join CDF forces. They found us, and the mission ended the same way it did when we went with NAPA. It brought us to "badlands", this time we had to take the cities in the reverse order, and with CDF forces. My team still wouldn't lift a finger. I went without them, commanded the CDF forces to conquered the city, which we did. Then HQ deployed an APC and once it arrived in the city the locals got their panties in a bunch and the priest gave a speech. After the cutscene ended I went to the point where the APC was stationed. I ordered my team to board the BMP and guess what, they finally showed up. I ordered them around for a bit, no problem, everything's back to normal.

Maybe the multi-language patch misreads language codes and turns some copies into the french version of the game, which would explain why my team hides during combat and only shows up when the fighting is over. But the text is still in English so it could be something else.

which would explain why my team hides during combat and only shows up when the fighting is over

Cheese eating surrender monkeys....

Ok, I'll try the next mission solo and see if my guys come back after taking the town, thanks for the help. Hopefully this thread will make it to the attention of BIS and the issue get solved with next patch. Thanks again.

I had the same problem with patch 1.01, did it solo and after the cut scene my squad joined automatically. After the base was built, i recieved control over the friendlies as well (still at the top of the hill). After installing 1.02, same problem, so I gave up and started the whole campaign again..

Did it then work?

Cause I had the same problem since v 1.01 too.

Greetz

Did it then work?

Cause I had the same problem since v 1.01 too.

Greetz

I'm not up to it yet, but the signs are very positive, during Manhattan I now have artillery and transport where as I didn't have it before. An interesting point though, since ArmaIIMark seems to require at least 3 attempts (restarts) to load stuff into memory, I've started saving after any new missions being given, then reverting (reloading) a few times. Not sure if its luck or my wishful thinking, but everything has worked well so far (scripts,FPS). Fingers crossed it stays that way...

I guess ill try it too... even though things like these really shouldnt happen...

Nascarbuc was right, after taking the first town in badlands your AI comes back. It doesn't matter which side you are with from Bitter Chill. Your AI stops working in Delaying the Bear and starts working again after the cutscene that follows you taking Novy Sabor in Badlands. So it's not a permanant issue, but an issue that should probably get fixed regardless.

I have te same issue. At the start of Delaying the Bear, my squad only confirms orders but doesn't move an inch. So if I just switch to the team members and move them in the truck, and position them to take Novy Sabor, does the AI come back after that? I hope so... have to walk everything 4 times now....

It's a great game... but a bit buggy.

I just threw up a mission in the editor, I order my men to move they do so but as soon as the shooting starts I'm on my own. They won't follow they just hide behind buildings.

This has been answered a few times but I'll post it again here.

If you get the problem with the AI not moving in "Delaying the bear" or other missions then you have the wrong patch (there are 2 1.02 patches) One was released then shortly after a hotfixed one was released.

Download the latest patch from www.arma2.com (don't go elsewhere, you may get the wrong patch), uninstall the game then reinstall and patch it with the latest patch.

I have the lastet patch 1.02.58 somthing and my ai wont move on the mission dogs of war. I need to shoot them and first aid them. Then they move but only prone they wont stand up. So this issue is still at large and i hope they fix it soon.

Simon

As a temporary solution, try telling them to go prone then tell them to stand up ( or change combat modes ) and see if they move then

I got the same problem and for me this work around wouldn't work either way because I bought my game over Gamers Gate and it came pre-patched to 1.02.58640 and I can't "uninstall" it.

I got the non-responsive team mates in mission "Delaying the bear" and now "Badlands", not to mention Cooper gets stuck in Starforce's heli somewhere in the middle of the wall.

I'm about to give up on this crap campaign and just got play MP. This is ridiculous. I was hoping it was only in 1 mission but now I see the designers were too busy bad mouthing Russians, putting in Neocon propaganda and being politically correct instead of focusing on what their business should be about -> bug fixing and creating a playable game which they sell in US for $50. Well I hope the US Army pays you for this, because your customers won't the next game! :mad::throwup:

Edited by linnx88