Sign in to follow this  
mac1

Help with patch 1.02

I have just installed patch 1.02 and got a couple of questions

(1)Where exactly do i find the .cfg file so I can enable AA?(I cant seem to find it anywhere in my directory!!?!)

(2)Where has the fillrate option disappeared to in game options I read a post that said it had now been moved to a combo box?.....what does this mean and where can I find it and change it (i.e set it to 150 or 200 as I was able to do before i installed patch 1.02?)

Wait, there isn;t a seperate msaa option?

I was under the impression they added one in 1.02.

Wait, there isn;t a seperate msaa option?

I was under the impression they added one in 1.02.

Urgh, read the 1.02 impressions thread. BIS developers have reported on at least two occasions that the AA isn't fully supported, but it can be changed by editing your .cfg file. However, as it's not fully supported there will be issues with for example shadows etc.

thanks ok i found the .cfg!

(1)But now i can't seem to open the file, it is asking what program to open it with (my PC recently had windows reinstalled following an upgrade). Does anyone have any idea how to open these files (i thought u needed notepad to open them and this would have been installed as part of the reinstall?!?)

(2)Anyone know where I can find the ingame fillrate option that used to be in game options prior to the 1.02 patch?and how do i change this option now?

Right click and open it with notepad. Remember, if you want to change anything, you'll probably have to uncheck the 'Read only' option under properties.

Like I said, the fillrate control is now under the screen resolution control in your video options.

Edited by froggyluv

thanks for the help!

I managed to change the AA in the .cfg file but now my graphics have got lots of artifacts/corruption ( itried to disable the shadows as well but still a corruption)

Does anyone know if you force AA in the nvidia control panel whether this would work?

thanks for the help!

I managed to change the AA in the .cfg file but now my graphics have got lots of artifacts/corruption ( itried to disable the shadows as well but still a corruption)

Does anyone know if you force AA in the nvidia control panel whether this would work?

Forcing AA does diddly squat, the AA in the cfg just lets software deal with it which is a cop out right now cause heck anything above setting 1 can be a frame killer.

Looks great works etc but heck let me USE MY CARD to do AA thanks :) I can live without the shadows..

Worked for my mate and ran good. Gonna ask him later if his shadows disapeared. Never heard that yesterday morning when he installed it though. Only "whoohoo! it looks so feckin awesome!) lol.

72;1319228']Worked for my mate and ran good. Gonna ask him later if his shadows disapeared. Never heard that yesterday morning when he installed it though. Only "whoohoo! it looks so feckin awesome!) lol.

You should clarify what/whom you were replying to using quotes, and not just "it worked for my mate"

Now then did AA on card work for your mate or you saying the AA in FSAA= in cfg works for your mate fine. (that part I already know as its software AA)

If the cards AA does work for your mate what card?

Cheers.

I tried forcing AA on the nvidia control panel and it didn't seem to do anything.

I am just wondering if the artifacts I got when i changed AA on the .cfg file may have been because i running an overclocked BFG 285 card.

Has anyone had problems with artifacts/corruption when they tried and used AA in the .cfg file?(I am sure i may have read a few other posts complaining about)

It not fully implemented, official via BIS, you WILL get artifacts. Its in the menu after the patch but not usable fully until fixes in a later patch. Check the 1.02 feedback thread it covers this.