Sign in to follow this  
IDF1

why this mods dont work?

hi ..

i have the lobo idf mod,and i put the inavsion 1944 addons also but when i do it its become the addons from the lobo ..why thet?and how i do the 2 mods works...

thx

hi ..

i have the lobo idf mod,and i put the inavsion 1944 addons also but when i do it its become the addons from the lobo ..why thet?and how i do the 2 mods works...

thx

As I said in the Invasion 1944 topic, the mod is not meant to be run alongside any other mod, and is not exactly suited to it either, due to the landslide changes in coding from standard ArmA, especially in ballistics values. It might run, or it might not. If a 3rd party mod happens to work alongside it, you're in luck, if it doesn't, there isn't all that much that can be done about it without changing/merging configs, which we have no plan or intention of doing.

Which mod comes first in your shortcut? Lobo or I44? (might consider trying to trade places)

Lobo.... :(

and how i do the 2 mods works...

the easiest way to use mods in arma 1 is with kegetys arma launcher.

with that tool u can simply check or uncheck the mods u want to start with arma.

with this launcher u dont need any 100s of shortcuts anymore and u can simply test different mods or even ALL MODS at same time :D

horror1 the ArmA launchers from Yoma gives you the chance to load the mod+addon folders in correct order.

Conflicting addons / addon load order

In ArmA, it is possible for addons to modify classes in other addons, including those in the game's core "addons". If the user installs two addons that try to modify the same property of a given class (for example, the model property of the basic soldier class), then obviously both addons can not work as intended (together in the same install, that is). In these cases, there is almost nothing that the user can do to determine which addon takes "priority". Inside of the addons themselves is a property called "RequiredAddons", which determines addon load order, regardless of modfolder order.

Handy tools to download/upload addons and launch ArmA (and Arma2):

Arma Addon Synchronizer you can get here: http://www.yomatools.be/

New Addon Sync 2009 here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/yoma-addonsync2009

horror1 the ArmA launchers from Yoma gives you the chance to load the mod+addon folders in correct order.

somehow i had allways problems with the yoma launcher, they seemed to complicated while kegetys is very easy and had some handy tools, however perhaps i should try it again , where can i dl this launcher?

or is it in the synchroniser ?

does it work for arma 2?

So the moral of the story is to ask people in the mod threads about the compatibility of their mods, and to use the search function before posting new threads.