Sign in to follow this  
danieljg

This game is complex, I need help!

Hi, I'm having a couple of problems with the game. First, I'm finding it hard to hit enemies from the water tower on the Sniper and Convoy mission with the MK12 rifle. I have a legitimate copy, so I don't think this is FADE, unless FADE can sometimes be activated erroneously. I know I have to aim slightly above targets at long distances, but sometimes it seems like I've hit the enemy (no dust puff appears near the ground) but they don't take damage. Is this because of their armour? How many shots should it take to kill them, and should enemies show a reaction when hit in their armour?

A couple of missions after this I have to clear out enemy camps with two teams in jeeps... It's too hard since there's so many enemies I just get shot up straight away, or the driver does which leaves me a sitting duck. So I tried to change my tactics and play as the driver and let the AI handle the gun, but he doesn't shoot anything! He's set to engage at will, I don't know what else to do.

If you hit a soldier's weapon (rifle or launcher), the bullet doesn't damage the weapon and doesn't continue on to hit the soldier. This may be part of what you're experiencing. My advice would be try to hit their centre of mass instead of their head where you can. If you're above them and they are prone, try to hit their spines if the angle is appropriate. It's been a while since I played that mission, so I don't recall what kind of angle you are on in comparison to the soldiers from the convoy.

With the jeeps with heavy weapons, I would try to out-range the badguys. Don't barge in, but use the superior range, firepower, and stability of the mounted weapons to hit enemy patrols at a distance. The terrain is fairly hilly there, so you can even try to engage while en defilade (partially obscured by the terrain).

should get ARMA2

I'd like to, but I don't think my system would agree. It already struggles with ArmA at times...

Q6600

2GB RAM

8800GTX

ArmA2 has a different game engine and has smaller demand on resources. Apples and oranges.

I'd like to, but I don't think my system would agree. It already struggles with ArmA at times...

Q6600

2GB RAM

8800GTX

arma 2 runs on ur system way better than arma1 , i promise:)

i have amd x2 6000 , ati hd4870, 2gb ram and arma2 works WAAAAY better than arma 1 ever did for me.

i play with everything on highest and 5000 viewdistance in arma2 while in arma1 i couldnt get higher than medium and 1500 viewdistance to play.

the problem in arma1 is that it doesnt support multicore cpus therefore ur fps get limited by the cpu in arma1 but arma2 supports multicore cpus so everything runs much smoother.

im happy that i purchased arma2 cause i was thinking the same way as u did and thought it wouldnt run so good but it runs better and LOOKS WAAAY BETTER:)

Bullets have drop from gravity, have some deviation, and do less damage the farther away the target is :)

arma 2 runs on ur system way better than arma1 , i promise:)

I just downloaded the demo, and where I get around 40-50 fps in ARMA 1 on medium/medium-high settinigs, I get like 5 fps in ARMA 2 on low!!!!! Its really putting me off, dunno if the actual game runs better :butbut:

I just downloaded the demo, and where I get around 40-50 fps in ARMA 1 on medium/medium-high settinigs

where do u get in arma 1 such high fps on this settings?

"I get like 5 fps in ARMA 2 on low"

try to set everything on highest and if u have low fps in a city, this is normal with every system , seems to be bad code.

we all have absolutely low fps in citys but in the normal terrain it runs very good even on highest settings.

if u have acces to the editor in the demo, just test some settings there.

where do u get in arma 1 such high fps on this settings?

Pretty much everywhere except big forests and really smoky battlefields.

I started the demo in just the basic training, not even a city, and I got terrible FPS. And the motion blur made EVERYTHING extremely blurry. Is the demo flawed and the real game works fine?

I just downloaded the demo, and where I get around 40-50 fps in ARMA 1 on medium/medium-high settinigs, I get like 5 fps in ARMA 2 on low!!!!! Its really putting me off, dunno if the actual game runs better :butbut:

It seems like something may not be configured correctly.

This is my Computer, will it run ArmA 2 ?

Intel Pentium IV 3.06GHz

1.5 GB Ram

Nvidia 7300 LE

Don't judge it automatically ! It plays CS:S and Just Cause and Garrys Mod and Portal , All with amazing Frame rates. Smooth as a babys cheek :D

Will ArmA 2 run on low settings ? :S

Also, AFAIK, the demo is not the latest version. The latest 1.02 has a lot of fixes alreadythat help with a bunch of problems. There still are some more, but the BI guys are working on those.