Sign in to follow this  
twan

Help with M1A2 SEP v3.1 matchup

Hey all!

I just downloaded the M1A2 SEP v3.1 by King Homer, and it's GREAT! beautiful detail and everything!

Now I use all my addons with the WGL mod just because it's like my favourite mod ever. So I put the M1A2 SEP in a test map (desert) against WGL's T-80UM1, and the T-80 annihilates it hands down. I am off right now to do some tests at long range. BUT, it seems like the ATGM's fired by ALL of my addon tanks (bunch of RHS packs, some ORCS stuff, Sigma's T-90 and T-80's) do basically no damage at all, whereas APFSDS and HEAT rounds from these very same tanks kill the SEP in 1-2 shots.

So my real question is which addon tanks are the best matchup (REALISTICALLY, not in terms of power/armor) for the M1A2 SEP v3.1 by King Homer? I currently have tons of addons, such as RHS's T-55, T-62, T-64, T-72, T-80 packs, ORCS T-72 pack (which includes a T-90), Sigma-6's T-80 and T-72 pack (which includes a T-90 and T-90s), and probably some other ones i'm forgetting.

So if I wanted to make a realistic mission, which tank packs are the best matchup?

Thanks for any help!!!

EDIT: Just did some testing in open field, and close range. It seems that all of WGL's tank models are extremely heavily armed and armored WHEN COMPARED to other addons like RHS tank packs or ORCS or Sigma-6's. It took the WGL T-90 1 shot each and every time to completely destroy, not just disable, King Homer's Abrams frontally, while the Abrams needed at least 2 shots frontally. However, the ATGM's still do not seem to do adequate damage, even when I set a WGL tank to fight its WGL counterpart.

Still looking for suggestions on best tank matchups, preferably including King Homer's M1A2 SEP.

Thanks!

Edited by Twan

As far as i remember WGL uses its own armour values and engagement values so the M1A2 SEP maybe underpowered. Also Sigma tanks are based on different values and i think RHS tanks are based on Sigmas values too. Orcs i am unsure of what they are based on. The M1A2's readme should say who's armour values it is based on.

For the best tank battle i would use sigma tanks as they will work well against RHS tanks. :)

Ok thanks I must try that now!

Does anyone know where I can download some tanks like the SEP but with armor values like RHS vehivles?

Twan, you know you can edit the model files in WGL, so that the WGL M1A1 variants use KingHomer's (or whoever you want) models? You could replace all the tanks on both sides with the corresponding models from RHS or whoever.

You just have to edit some files in the bin folder in your WGL folder. There's info on how to do it on the here on the WGL website. Good luck!

Then you'll have all the features like realistic ammo and armour values of WGL, with the much better looking user-made models.

Edited by Chops
More info

Twan, you know you can edit the model files in WGL, so that the WGL M1A1 variants use KingHomer's (or whoever you want) models? You could replace all the tanks on both sides with the corresponding models from RHS or whoever.

You just have to edit some files in the bin folder in your WGL folder. There's info on how to do it on the here on the WGL website. Good luck!

Then you'll have all the features like realistic ammo and armour values of WGL, with the much better looking user-made models.

Lol I didn't know that! I have to give that a try, thanks!