Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

I almost got beat up last night

Me and 4 friends (2 guys, 2 girls) were having a night out, and just before we leave the last open bar in town, this guy comes and sits down in the middle of the group. At first he tried to sit down between the two girls that were with us, but they managed to avoid that. Then  knocks over a large beer belonging to my friend. Oh well, fair enough, everybody's drunk, so we give him the benefit of the doubt and he starts talking about this and that. A couple pf minutes later, the bar closes and we are kicked out. As we start to walk he follows us, making comments about one of the girls, how her eyes are beautiful and so and so on. She pointed out that her boyfriend was there (which he was, they were walking hand in hand), and leaves it at that.

After a couple of akward minutes of walking, we reach our workplace, where one of my friends goes in to pick up his bag that he left there earlier.

The guy just stands there in the middle of the group, looking at the girls. So I ask him how long he has planned to stay here?

He says, he needs my and the other guys to leave, so that he can finish his buisness with the girls. I say to him, don't bother waiting around, you wont ever have a chance with them anyway. Then he starts calling me a faggot, and that he sure as hell doesn't wanna fuck me, so could I please go away so he could fuck the girls. I told him to just relax and go home, and that I hope he'll feel ok about himself when he wakes up tomorrow. (okay, this was perhaps a bit stupid, I shouldn't have said that.)

So he flashes this insane grin, and kicks me in the chest. Luckily a weak kick, he was also very drunk.

I back off, and he starts to go around me in a circle, but I don't say anything and he walks off a bit. He confers with him self, "should I kick his ass or not. Nah, it's not worth it. What the hell, I'll beat him anyway.", spoken out so we could hear, and starts walking back  towards us again.

My friend drops all everything and prepares to fight (he told me afterwords) the girls don't know what to do (on of them said afterwords that she would also have joined the fight, if it should come to that). I step back and call the police on my cellphone, and he realises this. Since the policestation is two blocks down, he decides to go home instead of fighting.

What a way to end the night. That insane grin he gave me, that was scary.

I thought he was gonna pull out a knife.

Anyway, I feel horrible today, not because of that, but beacuse I have the worst hangovers ever! I got up around 1 o'clock and have been puking my brains out like a bloody teenager smile.gif . That's for drinking wine, beer and kashasa on the same night.

good thing you avoided fight by calling police.

even though you could have easily beat the crap out of him, you resorted to non-combatative resolution method.

biggrin.gif

he he biggrin.gif

Yes you're right, I did the merciful thing.

I'm in a line of work, where a punch to the mouth can ruin my career forever, so I'm always a bit nervous about fights.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 08 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he he biggrin.gif

Yes you're right, I did the merciful thing.

I'm in a line of work, where a punch to the mouth can ruin my career forever, so I'm always a bit nervous about fights.<span id='postcolor'>

everyone gets nervous when they get into fight. smile.gif

nah.....it's kinda a risk shot.

if you ask me. throwing him off-balance and then breakinh his arms or just breaking his neck are the best method.

Only takes three to five pounds of pressure to break a knee

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 08 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nah.....it's kinda a risk shot.

if you ask me. throwing him off-balance and then breakinh his arms or just breaking his neck are the best method.<span id='postcolor'>

risk shot??? balls are somiething that are always where they are unlike flying arms and kicking legs the balls dont move meaning nice easy target and will floor the biggest person too

and if its good enough u dont have to run after ur shot u can stand and gloat cos hes down, doubled up

One good way of beating someone up in a non violent way - (i think i got told this by pete or some other forum member) bitch slap them as hard as you can on the ear, they fall on the ground most of the time, then you just pile on, grab his arms or something, and tell him to fuck off. I've never actually used it in a real fight (being the loving, gentle person i am, i hardly ever fight), but i've used it in a few play fights at school and it is formidable. A right bitch if it gets done to you tho, the damage is more embarressment than pain, since you are of course being floored by a bitch slap.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Mar. 08 2002,17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 08 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nah.....it's kinda a risk shot.

if you ask me. throwing him off-balance and then breakinh his arms or just breaking his neck are the best method.<span id='postcolor'>

risk shot???   balls are somiething that are always where they are  unlike flying arms and kicking legs   the balls dont move meaning nice easy target   and will floor the biggest person too  

and if its good enough u dont have to run after ur shot  u can stand and gloat cos hes down, doubled up<span id='postcolor'>

kicking balls work only if the recieving end is unsuspecting.

most of the fights i went through, when other person tried to kick my balls, i just twist my hip slightly, or move even half feet back, they miss.

you don't have to grab their flying arm to break it. as i said, you need to get him off-balanced first.

All these good advice mean d*ck once you're in a fight, unless you are a trained fighter, be it martial arts master or just rough street punk.

There's no time to think, you are pure instinct. My insticnt tells me not hit the other person, so I don't.

I've only been in the same situation once before, and the same thing happened basically.

You'll never know how skilled the other person is or if he has a concealed weapon.

+I didn't quite know anything on account of being so drunk smile.gif

You people havent lived in an Irish Boarding school yet. They welcomed me there with a good wrestling "slam on the floor from 2 m altitude" (and that was meant to be fun). So I started my first week in Ireland with breathing problems. And then I had to learn Rugby (damm I am German)!

I think with this one person you didnt risk much!

I must admit that you are a very decent person cause others would have had no remources to knock that person down (in a gentleman way). I am disgusted by people saying things like: "you should leave, I wanna have fun with the two girls!", I hate it, hate it, realy hate it..! There are countries such as spain where you must be very very careful about what you say about girls.

In Germany people that want to have a fight know that they can only get what they want if they touch your girlfriend or dont stop offending her. "Well, hmmm what should I do? Let him touch my (female) friends, basically be a coward, or tell him to stop and get a punch for free? Anyway, the evening would be screwed!

My solution is: I just dont go to those kind of clubs anymore. I rather pay a little bit more, but  then at least the club is smaller, the girls prettier and the Wishkey-Coke has higher percentage of alcohol.

biggrin.gif

(BTW: I agree what Nordic DK sais. 100% right, forget about those strategies, they make you think you are strong but you are not, and usually such a fight is over before you remembered any of those tactics. Usually (for us non-hooligans) a fight is a ridiculous thing, cause it looks stupid and not at all like Bruce Lee. But never be afraid tooooo much, cause if something happens and you realy realy loose, because you were too afraid, then you will suffer minority-complexes for the next 3 years)

I guess that was the best thing you could do Nordin, sometimes it´s wiser being passive and let aggression go into an empty void, most of the times the attacker will loose interest in having a fight if he sees that his hate/anger isn´t repeated and directed towards him, especially if you have no active experience with self defence. Most of the times you can judge whether or not someone has serious intentions to attack by looking at his facial expression and body posture. When conversating with such people do not point your extremeties at them like your fingers or hand, or leaning forward, as these are aggressive postures that may be understood as such. Speak normal and try to avoid showing any emotions like fear, anger. There has been times this worked out while being in situations where otherwise i or the aggressor would have been hurt, neither is necessary if you can avoid it.

After all you never know if the troublemaker is trained in some way in martial arts/ boxing etc.

If you have the time and interest maybe tryout some martial arts schools, so you have more confidence and a backup if all should go wrong, and an individual really wants to hurt you regardless of your attempts to solve the situation unviolently.

BTW i don´t recommend anyone not trained to use some of the fighting procedures mentioned in this thread nor something they may have read in books. Without training this can go terribly wrong, of course to your disadvantage.

The best fight is a fight that can be avoided smile.gif, and you did good by achiving this somehow.

True Satchel.

However, as a fighter, I also know that men that come off with the "tough guy" attitude tend to lose it real quick when you tell them to throw down and they see that you have no fear of them and that you're serious.  

They'll walk off, the whole time yelling insults or "You're lucky I don't kick your ass" or whatever, trying to save face.  Most guys don't know how to fight, but a lot of them are masters of macho posturing.   If they see their fear tactics don't work, they will back down, as any submissive male animal does.  

And if he kicked me in the chest, I would have broken at least one of his arms.  Or at least choked him unconscious.  Before I knew how to fight, there were few feelings worse to me than backing down from someone because I was scared of them.  I hated that.  And it looks like that's exactly what he did here - he just let the guy kick him in the chest and he didn't do anything because he was scared and hesitant.  I know the feeling.  The likelyhood of that happening to me now is much lower.  

Although I do agree, fighting skills are no substitute for good diplomacy and decision making, but it will never hurt to have them there if you ever need them.

nordin did the exactly right thing, really...no argument about that, nobody got hurt and the problem was solved.

however, i been in such situations many times, and pretty much always was the one who hit first after it got to the point where there was no avoiding the fight (or seemed as there was no avoiding of the fight)

i have a short fuse, or used to have atleast...and in such a situation my instinct says to hurt the other guy, even tho i might feel scared for different reasons i wouldnt be able to back off.

but, someday when i wont back off (the fights have been alot lesser the last few years, so no big risk) i might end up fighing for my life with a madman, someone prepared to kill, someone armed with a knife.....i know that, and thats what scares me, just to get hurt a little in a fight, few bruises...no problem, i can take it and it does look kinda macho and you can brag to you friends (lie) aobut how great figther you were biggrin.gif

however....you never do know what kind of man your opponent is, or what he is prepared to do.

some 2 years ago i did, for the first time in my life, walk away from a fight after my ex begged me to...it was a drunk man (what a suprise) who threatened my ex and me, and some others...but we walked away and it really didnt feel embarrassing at all as i would have thought it would feel like.

i quess my fighthing days, and the agressive behavior i had once, are slowly dissapearing...i hope i can some day act as cool as nordin, and to think before acting, it might save a life (my life).

I live in Alabama and my high school is almost all black, id say 80-85% black, im white (just incase you didnt pick that up) and ive seen a lot of fights.

Ive had the shit kicked out of me a few times, but ive had a few shit kickings myself. And ive had a lot of experience. And it was probably a good idea not to fight, mainly because you were drunk.

But if it were me i wouldve at least broken one of his legs wink.gif

I know a girl that kicked the crap out of a guy that attacked her boyfriend, Not that she is tall or strong or highly emancipated but she got so angry that she spilled her longdrink over the guys face and started hitting him. Not that he realy got hurt but everyone was laughing. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know a girl that kicked the crap out of a guy that attacked her boyfriend, Not that she is tall or strong or highly emancipated but she got so angry that she spilled her longdrink over the guys face and started hitting him. Not that he realy got hurt but everyone was laughing. <span id='postcolor'>

lol sounds like something that happened to me once..We were heading to a concert on a train and there was a few drunken morons (sort of dicks that hang around train stations getting drunk from 9am) hassling us asking us if we wanted a fight. We got to our stop, got off and started heading out the station..About 30 seconds later I start hearing rumblings behind me and some guy whacks me on the back and shouts "You with the blonde one?". I turn around and my ex girlfrieind is standing upto some 6ft drunking fool spitting on his shirt calling him all sorts of names I wouldn't want to repeat in front of her mother biggrin.gif

After that and a few other situations like it happened I got into martial arts and haven't been in a similar situation since so I'm not sure quite how I'd react confused.gif

In the UK you are not allowed to fight back. If you fight back and the guy attacking you gets hurt, then you get charged for assault. So here is a lesson folks, in the UK you have to take your beating like a man, or go to jail.

Thank you very much Mr Blair and all this pc-crap mad.gif