Sign in to follow this  
Daman1

Removeable Silencer

Hello people,

I have got a problem in this particular situation:

I want to have a gun where you can add or remove

a silencer and/or optics.

With the added silencer the gun sound and accurazy changes

and with the optic the eye point in the memory lod.

Also the option should just be available in case

I got the silencer or optic in my inventory, defined as ammo.

Does anyone have any idea?

It is possible to do this the way you describe, but it would need some scripting work. Besides that, the following:

- Different versions of the gun you want. For example, if you want an M4 with optional suppressor and/or ACOG sight, you need to have all four possible combinations (M4, M4+ACOG, M4+Supp, M4+ACOG+Supp). Some weapons in the game already come in different variants.

- Inventory objects to represent the seperate suppressor and ACOG items. I suppose these could be derived from existing inventory objects, like the compass.

Then you would need to add the possibility to assemble/dismantle the rifle and attachments if you have them in your inventory (scripting work). This could be anything from simple action menu options to a complex GUI, depending on what you're aiming for and how much time you have.

I'd say the very basic scripting and config work wouldn't take too long, but making it look pretty (item icons, GUI etc.) would take some time.

Maybe this could be done differently with setobjecttexture? As long as each attachment was a selection, you could add a transparent texture to it...I'm just guessing.

Abs

Maybe this could be done differently with setobjecttexture? As long as each attachment was a selection, you could add a transparent texture to it...I'm just guessing.

Abs

Dont know, if this looks good....think of the "borders" around transparence objects (maybe the roter while flying) specialy in front of water.... that maybe looks strange...

I think the removeweapon -> addweapon way is better....

i remember an ofp mission that had the feature with the silencer, it was damn awsome.

i believe the name of the mission was black mamba, but im not sure.

u played a 4 man sf team, that just landed at a jungle beach at tonali.

and i remember that the designers wrote in the readme, that adding that feature to other missions or make it an addon was to complicated.

*edit

ha, man i have a good memory,i found it :D

unfortunately the page where i found it is on german

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=479&PHPKITSID=25b636e1e51c1eeac947c1a9a2dc956a

Edited by RunForrest

in the addon-config you can define different firing-"modes" to a weapon IMHO with different magazines (silenced and non-silenced) and optics (see G36fix). You need to made a "mode" with:

- nothing

- silencer

- optics

- optics + silencer

But a silencer wont be shown at the weapon. If you want to have semi / full burst mode too, you have to define each mode twice.