Sign in to follow this  
edenborn

Please read/reply!

to all non german arma2 fans. is there anyone around that has downloaded the game from morphicon? will it play on english servers when they go live? is everything ingame german, speech/menus?

the thing is, ive preordered the english version but dont know if i can hold out for another week before the release. id love to give it a bash now already!

I hear there are language patches around etc etc? please enlighten me

Yes you can get it, it works on any server so far (Texas, England, Germany.. Think thats it) If you get the english patch, you need to use it as a mod folder. Drop the patch folder in Arma2 root dir, and use it's name in the shortcut after.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@English;@VopSound_2.0

My folder name is '@English' the @ symbol just sets it apart from the rest, you may call it anything you like.

If you can, wait out the week, then you'll have less of a patchpath, and a disk to boot.

Good luck

Hi all

Patience is a virtue

Only 6 more days to go.

I can wait. I can wait. I ca...

Kind Regards walker

to all non german arma2 fans. is there anyone around that has downloaded the game from morphicon? will it play on english servers when they go live? is everything ingame german, speech/menus?

the thing is, ive preordered the english version but dont know if i can hold out for another week before the release. id love to give it a bash now already!

I hear there are language patches around etc etc? please enlighten me

I think all versions are supposed to be merged with a future patch, I can't recall any info regarding the compatibility at the moment. At least with ArmA(1) that was the case, all versions where merged after the North American release.

There is a non official english patch, but I would wait for the 505 games, one week is nothing to who waited until now, and you could always use this as a protest for the German beta state release version ;)

I honestly don't see what the point of waiting for the English release is. All that's different is that it's English by default (instead of patch).

if they're all going to be the same I may as well get the german version. I was afraid it would screw me in the end. Any reliable source that the patches will make all versions the same? Don't wana miss out on blood effect or some other localization stuff.

Id rather wait for the English release and have that feeling waiting for my disc to arrive next Friday morn, its only a few more days...

ok! im all excited, the game is now downloading! can someone please post a link to the english patch so that i now can understand the game as well? :)

ok, swedish is a germanic language but i still suck at it. ;)

thanks,

edenborn

The Demo is coming this week why don't you just wait for that to hold you over.

Searching for "language" finds a thread that discusses all aspects of languages in the game, no idea why that thread couldn't be used.

Please search before posting, it's a rule here for a reason. Also your thread titles should describe the topic, not beg for attention :)