Sign in to follow this  
-SW-Tybo

Roger wilco anyone?

Hi, Iwant to play on All Seeing Eye or Gamespy using voice, RW or even Teamsound I play around 10 pm PST on any given day. Let me know if anyone is interested. Im sick of typing everything mad.gif

i never played online before(cause my dsl company ran out of business and i am back to dialup! mad.gif )anyway, i thought the game has built in voice chat, doesn't it?

Heh. You know there is ingame voice.

You were a point of fierce discussion awhile back on a server I saw you on. Of course you didn't hear any of it, we were using ingame voice. smile.gif

Whats wrong with ingame voice anyways? IMHO, it sounds better than roger wilco. Roger wilco can't use the various channels either, and as you have seen, it's not terribly easy to cordinate a game using a RW server. With ingame voice all the work is done for you. All you have to do is connect and toggle the voice key. It couldn't be simpler.

Yoeverend i remember u. The reason I can't use in game voice is because it DOESN'T WORK smile.gif I have tried severall times and the Wizard does not pick up my sound card. I am using a SB Audidgy live-brand new card. It has has problems though, like data being corrupted.

One question whaty was the deabte about? RW Pro/Con?

Thx for replying biggrin.gif

We spoke about your efforts with dismay. The concensus then was that RW was substandard in comparison to ingame voice, and that anyone who would attempt to enlist others in his cause of using RW with OFP, must not be fully aware of the game's intrinsic capabilities.

Once we have the ability to identify WHO is talking/spamming/playing music, ingame voice will be great, but for now I'm sticking with our RW base station server, it's less maintenance.

Tybo,boot into safe mode take out the soundblaster drivers,shutdown take out the card,and restart, see if any thing pops up and make sure the drivers and anything else with the card is out.Shut down but the card back in start up and make sure you pnp is enabled in your bios and let the os do the rest.Just an suggestion.

Heh. I haven't noticed any problems with spammers or music players lately. Most of the servers I play on have a good number of them banned. Heh. IMHO, RW is an extremely poor replacement for ingame voice. I can't imagine using it with OFP.

Works fine for us, especially since it takes a slightly higher IQ than the average carrot to install it and get in the proper channel, thus eliminating some of the "llama/newbie/spammer/"CAN YOU HEAR ME?" chatter that you get on and off using ingame comms.

I have to agree Radish.

Also RW sounds better to me and to most of the

DV squad.

RW doesn't use very much performance,

while ingameVoice would cause lag on a non-ded server

(where we are always playing)

RW can be used further, even if the server crashes, and

you may have to find a new one.

You could also create several RW-sessions, if you want

to set it up for more than one side, or even group.

And once again, i've heard the quality of RW and the quality

of ingameVoice, and to me the ingameVoice sounds crappy,

but RW is ok. I've been on phone with several guys, i've been

talkin over both voice comms, and i have to say, that RW

keeps the original voice, while ingameVoice changes it close

to Mickey Mouse.

If your experiences aren't the same like mine, don't call me a

smartass, but this is what i really experienced.

funny, I read on the codemasters forum that the ingame voice actually uses a higher band width consumption than Roger Wilco??

Our squad has a team wilco and we have no problem at all with our Team Wilco server. We even had 7 pps on last night, the only problem 2 guys had was leaving the firewall up or changing the ports which caused a conflict for us that leave the default ports open...

I haven't tried the ingame but why bother when most groups use RW or BC tounge.gif

Tybo, I replied to your post on this on the codemaster forum, if your still up to it let me know?

Here are some reasons why we find RW better than in game system.

Netmonitor and other packages show that the in game service uses more bandwidth than RW. Yet the quality seems similar. I would expect that if it is using more bandwidth more data is being transferred and hence quality is better, this doesn't seem to hold true.

RW can be used for other games ie we jump between RW / F4 / IL2 and since we're using a RW base station we have no problems finding the other players.

RW allows you to set up more channels than are supported in the game. If the game drops with RW voice comms doesn't, if the RW server drops it automatically reuses one of the remaining RW sessions as a server.

In game voice is great when only using it for this game, and with players you may not regularly join up with as it then gives one consistant app you all have access to.

To each his own. I honestly don't see the attraction. RW doesn't sound half as good as ingame voice (a purely subjective statement). I obviously don't play in the same places as most of you folks; I don't run into these annoyances (Well, I do, but nothing close to the number of incidents needed to warrant using something different). Nothing to setup, everything is already there and ready to go, and I don't care how many sessions RW has -- you still can't be the global, side, vehicle, group channels. The game automaticly sorts it all out. You don't have to cordinate the switching between the various elements.

As my esteemed colleague Chris says RW is what we use, but then i have used Ingame on occasions when RW doesn't like me, and i come across as a mass of "white noise", i find the Ingame a bit "robotic". Whereas RW when i get it working sounds like a telephone conversation to me, just my opinion for what it's worth.

Battlecom eh?, never tried that one, i guess it's at Battlecom.com?,

if not anychance of a link please?[RaR]FoX

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hkg3 @ Mar. 14 2002,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Battlecom eh?, never tried that one, i guess it's at Battlecom.com?,

if not anychance of a link please?[RaR]FoX<span id='postcolor'>

If you hit my sig, then go to downloads/communication we have it there to download.

I'm getting TeamSpeak, but first i have a question: Is there a way to set it up to side chat? I don't want the other side hearing everything i say to my team.

Thanks