Wasper

What's a good of  benchmark score?

My benchmark:

2483 with

1.3 Ghz AMD Athlon

256 MB RAM

Geforce 2 GTS 64MB

OFP runs fine with all details at max. smile.gif

for those of you who have a Nvidia GeForce 2 or 3 card, is the Detonator XP that latest driver?

I went to the Nvidia site and clicked on Drivers and only saw something called a Detonator XP. I assume this is it or is there another file?

celeron 566@850Mhz 512Mbram = around 1200

intel BX chipset

moving to athlon system soon...

Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans

Good site I stumbled on for such things is http://www.entcity.com/ I found out from there about new AGP drivers and Bios update for my mobo before even Asus told me smile.gif

JustinCase:

I had a HP 6553 with a 466MHZ Celery CPU, Windows 98 SE, and a Rockwell Riptide Combo Modem-Sound Card.

I went here and bought this barebone kit: Athlon XP Barbone Kit

I then proceded to do surgery. I removed the 40GB hard-drive and the sound/modem from the dead HP system and installed it in the new system. The floppy drive would not fit so I had to get a new one.

I also bought a GeForce 2 MX400 card and a 56X CDROM and installed it. The CPU fan/heat sink was a bitch to clip on.

I turned it on, Windows detected everything. Installed a few drivers and was ready to rock and roll.

I tried to tweak it just a little too much (not recommended) and had to re-format my hard-drive and reinstall Windows.

tales.jpg

I am in a living hell. My computer has in it:

Celeron 366 overclocked to 560

256 RAM

Voodoo 3 3000 16mb AGP

I get a whopping OFP score of 1030, but there is hope. Soon I will have an Athlon 1.49 gighz, geforce3 64mb ddr, 512 ddr ram from www.nutrend.com.

I think I need to win an award. My score is a WOPPING 665. I am da man.

I'm running on a Intel Pentium2, with 350mhz.

I'm crying as I type this...

Awww don't cry, the fact you play our beloved game on such a paltry system endears you into our hearts wink.gif

"Enders me into your hearts", hmm?

Send me a good PC, now. Now, I tells ye.

Actually, credit must go to the programmers - Operation Flashpoint's performance isn't that bad. Considering the massive amounts of data it has to proccess, my computer does a pretty damned fine job at keeping up to speed. The only mission I can't play properly is "Battlefeilds". But watching it moving like a slide-show is amusing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stupid-Git @ Mar. 16 2002,06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I need to win an award. My score is a WOPPING 665. I am da man.

I'm running on a Intel Pentium2, with 350mhz.

I'm crying as I type this...<span id='postcolor'>

Don't cry! I've finished single player campaign on exactly same system twice. I had score of 650 for P2 350, 256MB, GF2 GTS 32MD. I upgraded to Athlon XP 1600+ solely becouse of OFP biggrin.gif Now I have score of 3253 smile.gif

AndyZ

On my Gateway Notebook i have a Pentium !!! M-Processor at 1.06GHz with a 32MB nVidia Geforce 2 Go, 8x DVD-rom,Windows XP home edition,15 inch LCD SXGA display and 256 MB Sdram.I just bought this notebook a couple days ago. I get 1997 as a score.On my desktop i have a AMD Athlon at 1.2 GHz with a 64 MB nVidia Geforce 2 Ultra, 16x DVD rom,(and a sepperate CD-RW drive)19 inch LCD and Windows Me (im gana get XP soon, im sick and tired of having it freeze up on me all the time)and 256MB Sdram, i get a score of 2325.My desktop is about a half year old.On my Gateway Notebook and Gateway desktop the graphics look reall good!(My desktop out performes my notebook by 30%,not bad though!wink.gifsmile.gif