Sign in to follow this  
mark

so its out?

Right i may be being blonde but I have looked on US website bestbuy and they dont show arma2 in the new releases and its not released in UK until 19th, big games like this get released in these countries first...Therefore im confused can I buy it (Im in the Uk). Can i buy it online I cant see it on direct 2 drive...

How have people already got it???

Cheers

It's out in Germany, although a search probably would have shown this.

Yes, it's been out since the 29th of May. But only in Germany. Non-Germans have been getting the game only by buying the German version either in downloadable or boxed form. It's released in Europe on the 19th of June, and will be released on Steam ten days after that (29th of June).

It's been out in Germany since May 29th. It will be released in the UK on June 19th.

cool, thought it might have been a german thing and i search google for it on worldwide search but nothing appeared. Does anyone know if you buy the German version does it have english option in it or is it german speaking only? If it does have english may buy it online now - which leads me to ask are there any german sites where you can buy it to download?

cool, thought it might have been a german thing and i search google for it on worldwide search but nothing appeared. Does anyone know if you buy the German version does it have english option in it or is it german speaking only? If it does have english may buy it online now - which leads me to ask are there any german sites where you can buy it to download?

You can get it from Metaboli;

http://armedassault2.gamesplanet.com/armed-assault-ii-spiel-peter-games.html?affilie=armedassaultinfo

I bought it there myself two days ago, you pay via Paypal and get to download the game. About 2-12 hours later they send you the CD-Key via email. You can convert the game to english by creating a mod folder and putting three english language-files in there and simply adding the line "-mod=foldername" to the desktop shortcut. I have the english PBO-files although Im unsure wether BIS approve of spreading them.

There is an English translation mod but it's not perfect and it may cause trouble with the copy protection countermeasures. The German version will get different language options when the game gets a unifying patch for all areas.

thats really interesting im not sure whether to do it or not though....have you guys found the enlish mod okay?

Do it, you won't regret it.

I've been playing with the english mod for a few days now and like Celery said, it's not perfect but it's good enough for those of us that don't speak German.

bloodofthe dragon i have pm'ed you,

cheers

There is an English translation mod but it's not perfect and it may cause trouble with the copy protection countermeasures. The German version will get different language options when the game gets a unifying patch for all areas.

It's supposed to be fine as long as you use it as a mod (create a modfolder) ;)

How have people already got it???

Cheers

realese in germany für betatesting - i think so, because a release with so many bugs cant be a goldversion

release in uk us in the middle of june

when u think about it, what will be the difference between the UK ver and US ver, mostt likely nothing so why wait another 10 days for steam. will the uk ver be available by other digital dl sources?