Sign in to follow this  
neojd[ny]

Strange Graphic Bugs (Artefacts)

Hi, my problem is that after some minutes in arma 2 flying in a m-24 on the Soldner mission i get a very heavy bug. I tried to make a screenshot with the print key but i only get a black pic when i post it in paint so I only can describe my problem.

After about 3 min ingame the ground texture gets white/grey (first i thought its a see :D )... and the tree`s and/or some objects making a big artefact in grey moving over the screen. My CPU ist at about 70% but the game is running with about 1-3:eek: fps and Alt-Tab is not working to fix it. Its not appearing everytime i play but 4 times i had this problem yet.

May anyone else has this problem? Anyway to fix it... :bounce3: ?

Sry for my bad ebnglish guys!:j:

Sys:

ArmA 2 1.01 GER

AMD 6400+

8GB RAM

Nvidia 285GTX on 182.50 drivers

Win Vista 64 Ultimate Sp2

Does the issue look like big spiky blobs that randomly stretch all over the screen or even up in the sky? If so, I've been getting them on a GTX 280 with 1.86 drivers.

Reality that thread seems to be spot on. There is a picture from 2007 that shows my problem:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7773/arma2007061115431286ah5.jpg

My GTX 280 video card temps are fine, so this makes no sense. It has to be something that was wrong in ArmA that carried into ArmA 2. Once it starts happening, it's nearly impossible to do anything as even land vehicles cause that type of distortion.

Well, the last time i recived that Bug, my GPU Temp was 75°C ... i dont know but that isnt sooooo high right? Well, I didnt had those probs with ArmA 1 but i had a ATI in that times... Well i just save and restart... but it is starting to pissing me off now^^

Lets pray for a new patch soon!

Or may a new driver update will solve this too... :-/

75C is fine, even 85C is ok on the GTX 2XX series. A contact of mine at NVIDIA had told me before that they're even ok up to 95-100C, if they were to ever get that hot. I had emailed in originally after upgrading because initially I thought my average of 70-75C was a bit hot, but that's just how this series is.

either a heat issues or drivers. i had it in arma 1 with my 7800 Gt although a friend with same card could run it fine! but when i installed the 1.8.5 drivers it happened again on my 295 GTX, so had to go back to 1.8.2, removed arma now anyway, had some much crap ove ryears, took it off to make arma 2 moment more special lol

What do you currently have your video memory option set to, try setting it @ normal and see if the problem persists. Also, at the minute, you should be running 182.08 or 182.50 for arma2.

It could also be a problem with one of the object's model.

Arma1 used to have it with the javelin launcher, but it got fixed in a patch.

I also got it once, but restart of the game solved it.

I never believed it was a heat problem even though my temps were in the high 80s and mid 90s, because the only game i had this in was ArmA.

I could run other games on maxed out settings with no problems.

I went and had my graphics cards replaced because they were still under warrenty and the problem was gone.

It could be a combination of things, maybe even a corupt driver install or whatever. This problem happens on both ATI and Nvidia cards.

My 285 runs with 182.50... i wish i could post an image... maybe i will find a good screenshot program and then I will post a screeny.

Video memory in Options is set to "Default" or in German "Voreinstellung"

However since today i was able to play arma 2 without errors...

fraps can cap screenshots right?

;1302100']My 285 runs with 182.50... i wish i could post an image... maybe i will find a good screenshot program and then I will post a screeny.

Video memory in Options is set to "Default" or in German "Voreinstellung"

However since today i was able to play arma 2 without errors...

fraps can cap screenshots right?

This is not a heat issue. It is an ArmA issue and potentially a driver issue.

If it happens, shut the game down WITHOUT saving - If you save while it is happening it will corrupt your savegame.

I've seen it with 185.85 and 186.08 and my GPUs never went above 65.

GTX 285 x 3

Eth

yeah well, i played harvest red today and got this bug again and again... and now i have the "cannot commit" bug too... this game just sux... i wont play it anymore . Hopefully i can sell it to someone... thx for the help anyway :-(

;1302239']yeah well' date=' i played harvest red today and got this bug again and again... and now i have the "cannot commit" bug too... this game just sux... i wont play it anymore . Hopefully i can sell it to someone... thx for the help anyway :-([/quote']

Yah, the "cannot commit" bug is a direct result of it unfortunately. It corrupts savegames as well.

It will get fixed but as with all things ArmA, it will probably take some time.

Eth

i have the same problem with strange grafic glitches and sometimes its just blocking my view with crazy jumping big triangles dependent on where im looking to,lol.

my card is ati 4870 driver 10.7 and 10.6 and it runs in the 60c , no probelems with any other game.

edit : it seems that exactly this is my problem, even though i never had this before and im playing both arma2 titles arma since they came out :

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2500

Edited by horror1

If the gpu isn't overheating then check the cpu as well, if the cpu

overheats your game could crash or have those issue too.

It happens with Gachopins MH53 sometimes too.

One question btw: y r u running ArmA2 1.01 and not 1.07?!