Sign in to follow this  
gunzz

Is this a bug?

Okay, you know how you can drag people? Well, the only time I've been able to drag people is in the campaign. I've never been down or dragged or had the option to drag someone else any other time, ever. Is there a trick? Do I have to setup some sorta logic? I cant do it in multiplayer either, itd be in handy for when your hit in the leg.

Also, I posted this in the editing forum but no response yet. Does anyone know how you can free roam spectate battles you make in the editor?

Dragging should be in one of the 3 'First Aid' gamelogics. Not sure which one, maybe First Aid Action?

Don't know about free-roaming but you can make yourself an 'outside' party such as civilian person or helicopter and go where you want.

I think dragging/carrying are called battlefield clearance or something like that. Its a game logic and it has to be placed and synched (attached) to a unit. It doesn't seem to be enabled in some of the stock missions.

Edited by Xenios

As cool as ragdolls are, i guess they would send my fps to hell - espacially in those funny 200 vs 200 man battles in the editor^^

Curry

Yuppers. That seems to be the tradeoff with games that have a huge scale to them: Ragdoll and physics.

Yuppers. That seems to be the tradeoff with games that have a huge scale to them: Ragdoll and physics.

Like Crysis?

Like Crysis?

I wasn't aware Crysis allowed potentially hundreds if not thousands of Land, Air and Sea units to be fighting across the map. Please give me the link if I am wrong.

I wasn't aware Crysis allowed potentially hundreds if not thousands of Land, Air and Sea units to be fighting across the map. Please give me the link if I am wrong.

Indeed, the most encounters you have in Crysis/Warhead (not mulitplayer) is maybe at most 30 guys on screen (that's pushing it, unless you're in the editor, then you can add a whole lot of people), usually traveling in groups of 5. There's maybe 4 'enemy' vehicles at any time on screen (minus the large tank battle in Crysis 1) and usually only within small "action bubbles" placed in the game that the game has you go through. Allows the game to look damn good while doing it.

ArmA1 I've seen large convoys stretch across two towns, with air support, adding up to more than anything Crysis would throw at you all at once. And this was just the Opfor side. I'm sure other people have seen more.

Also, I posted this in the editing forum but no response yet. Does anyone know how you can free roam spectate battles you make in the editor?

Camera.sqs, if it's still in, should do the trick. Just put

this exec "camera.sqs"

in the init field of a unit.

There has been quite a lot of discussion regarding ragdolls and their pros and cons in ArmA in many other threads. There has even been some comments on them by the developers. I don't think it's necessary to discuss it again, as there can be no new meaningful contributions to the subject. We know that ArmA 2 has no ragdolls and we also know why in detail.