Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Couple of things about Piracy and this game...

Yeah, if you're going to put something in that breaks the game, you should let people know. Otherwise they will just think it's a shit, buggy game.

I think you misunderstood. That's not saying that FADE is doing its magic, it's just a note that FADE is present.

LOL, i think that YOU misunderstood me. That's all i was saying, was that it's not like its telling them how to deactivate it, it doesn't make it easier to crack. All its doing is telling them that its there is what i said lol...

OK, then if putting in a line that says fade is present, will make it easier for people to crack the game by altering game code launching, and seeing when the mesage disapears, doesnt mean they turned it off. But if it does, then what do we do, mention nothing of fade and let people report the effects of it as bugs? Or should we jsut let everyone pirate the game lol. You guys are going both ways ffs, you cant do that lol.

I already said this:

Although actually removing FADE would possibly introduce other problems like crashes.
With FADE, it is embedded into the game code, making it harder to deactivate without messing up the entire rest of the game

Going down one road:

Yeah, if you're going to put something in that breaks the game, you should let people know. Otherwise they will just think it's a shit, buggy game.
I think you misunderstood. That's not saying that FADE is doing its magic, it's just a note that FADE is present.

And..down the other:

One point of FADE is that the person who cracks it will launch the game for a test, see its working and then release the crack - without noticing the effects of FADE until it's too late.

If there was a message, they would know they have some work to do before releasing the crack.

Unfortunately telling the user if it's FADEd or not would make it too easy to crack.
Edited by Nicholas

Also, letting them know that it is there does not mean they will be able to crack it. First they would have to identify it. After that, they would have to wait over a week or two to make sure they disabled it properly before releasing it. Its almost not worth trying to crack it.

There is a LOT of code to FADE, like there is code that makes palyers die randomly etc etc...they would take forever to modify the game, to disable FADE, and they more than likely would mess up the rest of the game in the process.

Whilst I'm sure the motives are pure we simply do not allow such discussions about piracy/cracking/warez/torrents on our forums, if anyone knows of forum members using illegal versions of our software please feel free to PM me, your identity will not be disclosed.