Sign in to follow this  
-HC-Para

TN Games 3rd Space FPS Gaming Vest

Hi all, sorry if this has been mentioned previously, I did search and found nothing!

I'd like to see TN Games 3rd Space FPS Vests supported in ArmAII. I've been using one for quite a while with more traditional FPS games such as Medal Of Honour, Call Of Duty 2 thru World At War, etc. Nothing is quite as immersive as feeling a round or blast hit your character ingame, not to mention the HUGE increase in Situational Awareness the product offers.

As a TrackIR user for many years, I'd have to say the 3rd Space FPS Vests offer a similarly useful way to interact with ArmA(II). Not to mention the added immersion into the digital world which BIS has spent so long creating for us - more immersion into our digital environments brings greater enjoyment of the title, longer playing hours, more reasons to be 'part of the game' as a whole.

BIS people, please give the 3rd Space FPS Vest a look - try it, you'll be pleasantly suprised I assure you. It's fun, it works well, it adds to the game, it adds to the players enjoyment of the title and increases your SA.... What more could you want?

For those whom may have not heard of the 3rd Space Vest - take a look: http://tngames.com/

I don't think it would be too hard to implement this product, so let's make it happen :)

Paddy.

That indeed looks great fun!

Or sad? Depending?:p

I agree. Is this forum where we make requests to the Devs. I'm getting a TZN 3rd space gaming vest for fathers day, and I really want Arma 2 to support the vest.

I eamiled TN asking them as well if they could get Arma 2 to work with the vest. I don't imagine my email alone will doa anything, but if enough people ask for it, who knows.

Can you please consider having Arma 2 support the TN games 3rd Space gaming vest. It would be cool to feel yourself getting shot.

I found the vest on gogamer.com.

Ive seen those and it seems nice indeed. Im going to get a buttkicker though for ARMA2. Always wanted one for ArmA1 but never got around it to get one. Not as easy in sweden as in US etc. But a system that gives huge bass through your body when tanks shoot or choppers fly by without waking anyone up in your house... Awesome. :)

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/index.htm

Alex

I think these guys are making a matching helmet.

When they do the pants I'm buying.

Oh yeah, that looks good. It's one thing that ArmA is lacking, any kind of real feedback.

Tell you what else would work to make ArmA players more... careful, a mouse that gave you a small electric shock when you're hit. Like one of those reflex games they have. THAT would make you look before you leap ;)

Heh, I actually laughed when I first visited the website, but I guess it'd be kinda cool if you had the money to throw around. I assume this thing is for letting you know that you're shot, and in that case it usually means death in ArmA anyways.

I got the vest early for fathers day. E emailed 3rd space requesting Arma2 support. They said they would put it on the list.

I presume if enough people ask, they will likely support Arma 2. Although I'm not sure if if they could do it without the Arma 2 Developers.

I think the gaming vest working with Arma 2 would be an awsome move, in that the replayability of Arma2 supercedes most of the already 30 games supported by the vest.

Someone mentioned the butkicker in an earlier post. I've had one for a while now. It's been a worthy investment for me. Just like I hope the gaming vest will do. I have the trackir too. It's all small piecec of immersion that add up to an awsome gaming experience.

Wow looks kewl, however for games like Arma 2, usually as mentioned you get shot you die so wouldn't be much help... Wonder if there is a "sadistical" setting for pain enhancement :)

True, you can die from getting shot once, but half of the time, an AI teammate will heal you. It would still be a good immersion factor. Also, some riflies hace a recoil, and you can feel the recoil in the vest as well.