Sign in to follow this  
StarSoft Cow

Carry 1 AT round vs 3 SMAW rounds

Ok WTF I just did a test with all of the rocket launchers vs T-72s..

M136, crew ejected...

Javelin.. the crew DIDNT eject...

SMAW... destroyed the tank with a single HEAA round.

The M136 and SMAW hit two seperate tanks in the exact same location. The javeline struck from the top...

the javelin and M136 takes 6 slots.. And theyre not even a one shot kill... wtf?

EDIT:

Actually after a new test, it looks like the closer you are with the javelin, the less likely it is to kill. At 150 meters it wasn't killing in one shot.

However, when I droped back to 300 meters it was... strange..

Edited by HavocDemon

Really doesn't add up to the damage values for the Javelin compared to the others. Must be some weird bug on the top armor or something? You're sure the missile didn't overshoot?

If you hit the T72 with M136 on the front armor, I'm dissappointed that the tank can't take more damage than that. I wish there was a little randomness to the rounds effectiveness.

When I did my conscripted duty, we had canteens. But that was a while ago. Don't know what we currently use here (norway).

In reality the minimum range for the Javelin is pretty far in indirect mode, but as short as 75m in direct mode. The ArmA1&2 Javelin bears little resemblance to the actual weapon though apart from appearances. The in-game missiles probably was unable to maneuver to score direct hits in your close range fires.

How many soldiers still carry canteens? I thought camelbacks were the far better solution in terms of carry and slosh.

$

and a few letters so message isn't too short.