Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

Extended Eventhandlers Arma 2

Since a great deal of current addons require extended eventhandlers addon by Solus and Killswitch I guess a lot of activity will remain dormant until release.

Since Arma 1 I made sure to maintain clean code for VFAI to be able to use it in Arma 2. However, waiting for EE now.

Or are there new methods available that would replace the principle?

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Have not found anything usable in the game yet that could represent the features of XEH.

Killswitch is around though, im sure he will reveal his plans :)

In the meantime, it should be fairly easy to get it to work on A2 for private usage, but you might be wanting to release some awesomeness for A2? :)

For a test I just dumped the latest release files of VFAI into the A2 addons section. Bascially everything works like it should; no errors found. Nonetheless it will require some updates related to class names (mags + weapons). Units might be taking random items currently.

I just would want to avoid the eventhandler mess we had in Arma 1 before XEH came.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Since XEH is essentially a script, just like VFAI, it should work 'as is' in ArmA 2, no? I'm sure the new commands and functionality of ArmA2 could probably be used to enhance it further, but for the moment, it should work right out of the box, neh?

Regards,

Wolfrug

Correct Wolfrug, I don't think it will be a big deal to update XEH to work with A2. However, I'll leave it to the pro to review the code and concept.

Unless they're US residents; in that case we'll have to jump in I am afraid :)

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

XEH works fine for me. All I did was to remove the version-check in the config. Not fully tested, but it seems to do the job, as usual.

Just installing XEH at it is will disable the eventhandlers that the game already has though. For example tank smokescreens wont work.

Those will need to be adapted.

Keep the faith - there will be an extended eventhandlers for ArmA 2. The current one from ArmA 1 can be used with a few modifications, but as mentioned, it will break core A2 functionality.

I'm currently looking into all the new features and particulars of ArmA 2 to see how they can be used for XEH for ArmA 2. (I won't be able to buy ArmA 2 until later this month, so you'll have to be patient for now.)