Sign in to follow this  
garack666

How to turn Anti Aliasing on - Game looks horrible without

Its worth trying rendering in your screen rez (if only for the fact native resolution on ur screen is what runs the best for your card/s) and outputting it with a smaller resolution.

You can get some rather non existant jaggies this way, goto try keep the scale within ur screen type though 16:10 16:9 4:3 whatever but can also help with performance ive noticed if you really do want fillrate at 200% end of the spectrum to limit the uglyness.

I can't believe some games don't have the option to set AA year 2009.

Computers are much much faster now than they were for 10 years ago, and for 10 years ago you could set AA in basically all games (not 100% sure about that).

Not having AA is a HUGE step backwards.

AA is a MUST in all games in my opinion, it's a basic graphic thingy which all games should have.

imo ARMA II should not have got released without AA.

If there is something with the graphic engine or something which makes it impossible to use AA.. then use a different graphicengine!

It's like buying a car yearmodel 2009 which doesn't have wipers, and the manufacturer would say: "the windshield (graphicengine) is designed in a way which makes it impossible to use wipers" (AA)

Who would buy that car?

AA is such a basic and compulsory thing imo.

The joys of deffered rendering!

Let's break MSAA in order to put in filters and lighting that just use more resources and don't add as much to the image.

Truely "Next Gen".

Yeah does make you wonder because plenty of games using HDR/Blooms etc have the ability to turn the HDR off etc and to let the card then be able to do good AA itself, even though alot of drivers/newer cards these days can handle HDR and AA at same time, it baffles me why there is no option to at least let you do so lol..

Judging by the FSAA=0 in config that is put there everytime its made fresh Im guessing its just another part of the game that maybe didnt quite make it to release for more (guinea pig) beta testers to see how the game goes without it for time being..

Armed Assault2 with fillrate @ 100% looks like some kind of voxel engine which was used by e.g. delta force land warrior, zillion years ago. :eek:

DFLW.jpg

-----

At the moment I have fillrate @133% and play only on Utes to have playable frame rates.

MfG Lee ;)

Armed Assault2 with fillrate @ 100% looks like some kind of voxel engine which was used by e.g. delta force land warrior, zillion years ago. :eek:

Armed Assault2 with fillrate @ 100%

screenshot.jpg

This is with all settings on normal except anisotrophic filtering very high. Don't know what settings you are using but looking at your screenshot it has nothing to do with the fillrate setting you have.

Jman;1312261']Armed Assault2 with fillrate @ 100%

This is with all settings on normal except anisotrophic filtering very high. Don't know what settings you are using but looking at your screenshot it has nothing to do with the fillrate setting you have.

turn of postprocessing and you will see it! postprocessing make my eyes wanna puke.

Lee,

looking at your screenie there even your own model looks like its got square legs mate, something not right there at all lol..

i think the screenshot is from delta force land warior and not from arma2

Oh yeah lol silly me :D still army style is army style and that was an easy mistake :p

Either way lets see a shot of his arma2 next to it then eh lee ?

Or the fact that almost everything in that picture doesn't look at all like ArmA II, lol.

lol, you can see that it's not ARMA II just by looking at the map, there is no such map in ARMA II.

Thats not quite true :D there are arma 2 maps in desert with such looks heheh. Not for you maybe though right now.