Sign in to follow this  
koroush47

How will the buildings in ARMA 2 be? Can you enter them for awesome urban combat?

How will they be?

Will they all have entrances with many rooms to go inside of or will they be like BF2 and be limited?

Thanks for the reply guys... i looked everywhere.. didn't find a thing on it.

I don't think all buildings will be enterable. Infact i'm almost positive on this. It'll probably be like ArmA1 where a good number of buildings will have interiors but you'll have quite a few that don't.

I don't think so... I can't imagine them making every building enterable. And we hadn't seen any footage/screenshots of building interiors.

I guess you can enter some of them for mediocre close combat.

I guess you can enter some of them for mediocre close combat.

Why would it be mediocre?

Cause it wont be much different from OFP/ArmA, the interiors are really small (5 room houses etc) and movement inside (while better then in ArmA1) will still feel a bit clumsy.

Obviously i havent played it yet, but i think ive seen enough to make an educated guess about this.

EDIT: It doesnt really matter since the game is about the whole city/area/'island', not just 1 house anyway. But large battles about/in single structures (Like the Pavlov's house map in CoD1) just wont work that well.

Yeah I agree, this game isnt aimed at urban combat really, its more about outdoor open areas. There is the flash and room assault in the video, it would be nice if this kind of SWAT 3 type gameplay had been implemented, but I severely doubt it.

Hope this answers a bit of your question:

From the Twitter:

Q: A question about swimming ? Still loose equipment when swimming ? Environnement -> lots of "open" building to hide in town/city ?

A: Yes lose heavy equipment and re enviroment: more enterable even diff internals for partially destroyed buildings.