FEATURES and RELEASE

v1.72 UPDATE (18-06-09)

- Compatibility with Talibans Mod v1.5

v1.71 UPDATE (09-06-09)

- Fixed: some minor bugs

v1.7 (24-05-09)

- Integration of air assault action

You can request it continuously up to the maximum number

- Action menu condition has been improved.

- Management of Add-ons has been improved.

v1.6 (20-05-09)

- Speed of building seizure selective (in start up dialog)

When you want to fight busily, select a "Fast"

- Fixed: Some bugs of transport helicopter

v1.5 (15-05-09)

- Optimization to A.C.E.

- Integration of artillery action

- Repair/refuel/rearm (FARP) in bunker with tent

- Fixed some bugs

v1.0 (08-05-09)

- In USMC side, Afghanistan National Army occupies the building.

- In Taliban side, Al-Qaeda occupies the building.

- Enemy who seized a house aims at player from the roof.

- Bombing by AV-8B.

- Emergency medicine in bunker. (in action menu)

ABOUT THIS MISSION

There is no scenario in this mission.

It is a purpose though it enjoys the combat generated at random.

Please know some principles to win.

TWO PRINCIPLES

1) If the number of construction of bunkers is little, the enemy's raid is also few.

2) The defense of the bunker where the construction position is far from the base is difficult.

About one

-Please make the construction of the bunker a minimum if it is Low-end PC.

-Please construct a lot of bunkers if you want the fierce battle.

*If the number of constructed bunkers is little, the number of buildings that the enemy seizes is also little.

About two

-The encounter with the enemy increases when the travel time to the bunker is long.

-The probability that the bunker is seized by the enemy increases.

SEIZE ZONES

The enemy seizes the building of neutral zone and tries the suppression of the entire islamd.

You construct the bunker at an effective position, prevent the enemy's advancement, and exclude the enemy who invaded the building.

WIN CONDITION

1) Seize all bunkers of enemy side.

2) Exclude all enemies who seize the buildings.

*The seizure of enemy's base isn't needed.

LOSE CONDITION

1) When some buildings are destroyed with the bomb by the enemy.

2) When some buildings are seized at the same time by the enemy.

HOW TO REPLACEMENT by user

1) Extract Seize_zones[EURO85].Schmalfelden

2) Open Seize_zones[EURO85].Schmalfelden\ffs\rp\customize_set.sqs

3) Edit customize_set.sqs

*A skill to edit a mission is necessary.

*I can't guarantee that add-on works according to your expectation.

HOW TO SEIZE

1) You invade enemy bunker.

2) Securing the bunker is completed.

3) If the soldier who defends the bunker arrives, the bunker is under our control.

*The marker of the bunker is changed into a solid color in map.

REQUEST BY ACTION MENU

The action menu can be used near the flag of the bunker.

1) SAVE GAME

Autosave game (used for Retry)

2) EMERGENCY MEDICIN

Treatment of wound

3) REQUESTING ARTILLERY (new to v1.5)

Sends shell to map position

4) Construction of bunker

The bunker can be freely constructed at the position of vantage.

5) Request of the transport helicopter

It transports your team quickly.

6) Reinforcement of team

Your team can be reinforced.

7) Air assault or force concentration (new to v1.7)

A lot of forces can be commanded.

8) Construction of tent (FARP)

The time spent on dispatching soldiers can be shortened.

9) REPAIR/REFUEL/REARM (new to v1.5)

Effective only in bunker with tent.

DETAILS IN BUNKER

A new bunker can't be constructed until latest bunker is under our control.

Defense of bunker

Soldiers go to defend when constructed. If the soldiers arrive it, the bunker is under our control.

Enemy attack

If the bunker is constructed in a white marker zone on the enemy side, the enemy tries its seizure.

Recapture

When our bunker is seized by the enemy, the team for the recapture is dispatched.

Seizure

If you seize enemy bunker, some soldiers are dispatched to the defense. If the soldiers arrive it, the bunker is under our control.

Ammunition supply in bunker

The defense of the bunker breaks when ammunition is insufficient. It is dispatched soldiers when the defense breaks,

and if it arrives, the reinforcement force supplies ammunition to the survivor.

HOW TO DEACTIVATING BOMB

1) The enemy seizes the building.

2) When the seizure is obstructed by the player, the enemy sets the bomb in the building.

3) As for the player, it can know the start of the timer of the bomb.

4) The building where the bomb was set is shown by the map.

5) Search for the bomb.

6) Approach within 1m of the bomb, and deactivate in the action menu.

About the enemy who seizes the building

-The building where the seizure was completed is shown by the exclamation mark.

COMMANDER MAP

When the concentration force that requests it arrives, it is possible to use it.

It opens by the radio command 0-0-1. The operation is selection and click with the mouse.

It explains in detail with image file (commander_map_guide.gif).

ADDON LIST

*Arma patch ver 1.14 later is required

*Queens Gambit is not requested

Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village

- afghan_village.pbo

- opxbuildings.pbo

- opxmisc.pbo

- opxplants.pbo

- opxroads.pbo

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525

A.C.E. - Advanced Combat Environment

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4443

Taliban pack(v1.5)

- lobo_spg9.pbo

- lobo_t_katucha.pbo

- lobo_taliban.pbo

- lobo_taliban_pickup.pbo

- loboweaponstaliban.pbo

- vxr_ana.pbo

*Extended eventhandlers are part of A.C.E., no need add them again.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4735

This mission does not require any addons, except for the map and A.C.E., Taliban pack you want to use!

However, when the following addon is detected, it automatically replaces it.

T-55 from OFP (v 3) -> T-72 is replaced

- smurfc_ukr_t55.pbo

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=805

Project '85 LAV -> M113 is replaced

- p85_config.pbo

- p85_v.pbo

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5481

V22 Osprey -> UH-60 is replaced

- gnt_v22.pbo

- GNT_V22Tex.pbo

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3311

CREDITS & THANKS

- BIS/BIA for their great simulators.

- Trench Generator / Script generator by Benoist

- All add-on authors

Download (2MB/ZIP)

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks

My hustle is over!:D

Edited by stiff
Mission update

This mission is really intense! Well done and keep 'em coming ;-) I'll have some suggestions maybe later after I played a bit more!

Doomguy

Small hint, extended eventhandlers are part of A.C.E., no need to download them again or add them again :)

Xeno

>Doomguy

new ideas are fun :)

>Xeno

Thank you

This mission keeps crashing for me. im getting an error message "Cannot load texture p85_v\ico\icomap_lav25_ca.paa"

Ive tried the mission with 1.14 and 1.16

>Nazul

Please remove p85_config.pbo,p85_v.pbo from addon folder. The same error is given to me, but does not crash.:confused:

>Binkowski

I make new config version for optimized to ACE. This can win. ;)

>Nazul

Please remove p85_config.pbo,p85_v.pbo from addon folder. The same error is given to me, but does not crash.:confused:

This worked!! thanks for your help. Great mission, just got my arse handed to me, going to play some more.

That grass on the map is quite laggy. turning shaders right down helps abit.

Mission update

enjoy! :)

Thanks for the update. I havent tried it yet but last version i found enemy to be overpowered, they had T80 tank at start. US side has Apache and M113 which get taken out straight away. Is it normal for enemy to be using AA rockets as anti-infantry rockets?? Whats doing that, is it ACE or the Taliban addon?

Great mission though, quite intense action.

Thanks

You mean the 85? In this "08" the US side have Cobra and LAV25. At least when i play. And i feel the enemy is hard yes, but i have beaten it couple of times. It really needs for you to be "at it" and do a good job. So i think its rather perfect.

The AA used on everything im not sure anymore with patches and addons plus mission. Think they did in original ARMA, but with ACE i thaught it was gone. So im not sure about that.

Great to see an update Stiff! Appreciate the hard work. Tons of scripts - not an easy thing to do. :) Dont have time to write more - need to test!

Cheers

Alex

Yeh it is the Cobra, mistake. But no LAV just m113. Ive been nailed 2-3 times by talibans with sidewinders.lol

Ah ok you dont have the P85 addon. That explains the M113. That is replaced when you dont have the P85 - LAV25.

Arty observations: You have to be very close to another bunker to hit it and it takes a long time before you can use it. And since the enemies move around so much its hard to have anything else to hit. In the 2 games i had i almost ran the enemy over totally before i could even use the arty hehe (default difficulty settings).

My idea would be to be able to use arty at any TAKEN bunker with a bit larger range. But the "punishment" is instead that you can use it only once per 10 minutes or something like that. Cause it takes a long time to build 2 bunkers and a tent plus then wait 5-8 minutes, and all have to be close to a bunker wich takes even longer time if you want to hit one. Realisticly we have a "radio" with us and that should be able to be used to call the start (MAIN) tent wich forwards our request to the arty operators (or something like that :) ). i understand the idea though Stiff. That arty should come bit later into the game after some work is done and established radio etc wich is cool i agree. But maybe its possible to make it like my idea but you can only start using the arty from the first bunker the PLAYER build and then wait for AI to TAKE - NOW arty is ready to use. Not from the 2 bunkers that the AI take in the beginning. And then 10 minute cooldown after you use it. Sounds like a good idea? I dont know. Your the boss mate and its your mission. I dont want to give you more job. :)

But its a super SP mission! With new added features there will always be some new tweaking. And i'd be happy to test it further. ;)

Cheers

Alex

Stiff: I noticed the enemy dont sieze buildings in the update. At least not at the difficulties i played so far. Should they do it on all difficulties or just very high?

Alex

Thank you for Alex, an idea.

About artillery

The power of the artillery is great and can remove an enemy easily. Then it complicated use because I was too advantageous to a player.

*From a reason same as for a range being narrow

About Radio

The equipment of the "radio" may not be possible in all Addons/MOD. So I want to avoid the system change assuming the radio equipment.

*There may be some misunderstanding for my translation.:p

I explain the concept of this mission that I think about. Please overlook the clumsy English.

The infantryman vs. infantryman combat is the main. When the player recaptures the bunker and the building, the skill is requested to the player.

The construction of the tent is the tactics target to win. The player gets a condition superior to an enemy by the construction of the tent.

*It is caused by this that the tent construction is necessary for artillery request.

*The name called "TENT" may be inappropriate.

There is the waiting time in the bunker for stress / strain to the player.

An armored vehicles and bomber and artillery support are rewards to the player.

The player does not easily get the reward.

Consideration of versatility / compatibility / maintenance of the system.

*A technical reason

This mission consists of these concepts. The balance of pains / the reward is difficult. I will change it if reputation of this balance is bad. The test play of the long time is necessary to inspect this balance. I think that it is very difficult.

*I do not yet win in this mission.:(

------------------------------

72;1285325']Stiff: I noticed the enemy dont sieze buildings in the update. At least not at the difficulties i played so far. Should they do it on all difficulties or just very high?

Alex

By this update, I delayed time when an enemy started dispatch for a building seizure.

AI is belligerent with ACE. Therefore the survival rates of the player decrease. I just delayed the tempo that an enemy seized a building because it was difficult to continue a play.

The tempo of the building seizure of the enemy may be able to set a player before a game start freely.

Exsample setting

An early tempo: A tough and noisy battle (possibility to lose high)

A slow tempo: The battle that took it easy (possibility to win high)

A current setting value
Time before starting dispatch: Five minutes 
The departure interval of each military unit: Five minutes
The number of the military units of one dispatch: 3
The above is repeated.

Thanks for the update. I havent tried it yet but last version i found enemy to be overpowered, they had T80 tank at start. US side has Apache and M113 which get taken out straight away. Is it normal for enemy to be using AA rockets as anti-infantry rockets?? Whats doing that, is it ACE or the Taliban addon?

Great mission though, quite intense action.

Thanks

Because there is not a plane in the Taliban, the equipment of the mobile AA weapon is a premise. However, the probability to be equipped with is very low setting.

It is slightly disadvantageous that LAV is not usable. Please wait for an error of LAV to be revised.

*I think it is too strong if M113 is changed into M1. (AFGHAN '08)

Is not T-55 used? (AFGHAN '08)

T-55 from OFP (v 3) -> T-72 is replaced

- smurfc_ukr_t55.pbo

Edited by stiff

Mission update v1.6

You can select speed of building seizure.

enjoy!

72;1285325']Stiff: I noticed the enemy dont sieze buildings in the update. At least not at the difficulties i played so far. Should they do it on all difficulties or just very high?

Alex

Alex, please try v1.6.

If you want to expect the building seizure of the enemy early, please select "Fast" in start up dialog. If you want to win, please select "Slow". The difficulty except the building seizure does not change.

Mission update v1.7

You can request air assault teams (USMC)

enjoy!

Cool man!

Thanks for the hard work. ;)

Cheers

Alex

Made a new post so you would notice. :)

Ok as usual its a great little mission youve made mate. I was wondering though if you could maybe make the airstrike we can call in to hit areas that we want? For example today i had this situation where i could see the enemy gather in big numbers far far away and i couldnt do anything. I had many bunkers and new tent, but my artillery could not reach that area. So my only hope to make that big enemy group smaller was with an airstrike. When i called in airstrike i didnt get to do anything. I dont know if it is like that or if its not working proper on my pc? Is it an aircraft that comes in by itself and finding targets automatic? Or should i be able like artillery to click on map and tell it to bomb certain area?

Thank you again for your hard work! Great fun!

Cheers

Alex

Okay,

If the laser guided bombing is added, you might be able to enjoy it. It is pinpoint, but all the neighboring enemies will disappear.

*The effective range of the laser irradiation is within 500m. (player <--> target)

*Kind of target: hard and soft

Napalm and the cluster bomb might be able to be used. (Another Add-on)

What do you think of this?

Hey Stiff!

Just a small bug i think. Very often when i do the medic, refuel/rearm etc at a bunker it is calling for heli evac lol. I get the Osprey coming in every mission i do without i never called it.

About the airstrike: Hmm it sounds good for sure. I thaught of something more simple but hey its your mission mate. :) I thaught of when you click "CALL AIRSTRIKE" then you get same as arty - time to go to map and click where the bomb will drop. ACE have MK83/82's so that would in my mind be awesome! Call it - click map - aircraft coming and WHAM! Ofcourse if you could even add freefall (MK's) and Napalm as option... Well that would be very cool hehe. 2 choices in the menu: CALL AIRSTRIKE FREEFALL and CALL AIRSTRIKE NAPALM (or something like that).

I think LGB will be too much problem? Need to have laser designator - need a good spot to lase. And if its only possible from "tent - base" then it gets very hard i think.

The airstrikes (MK/NAPALM) if you decide to make them i think they should be able to be called from ANY bunker. No need for tent. One of the 2 AI's we play with can be an ACE radiounit so you see a radio on his back. And if he dies you cant call it anymore... maybe? But a fully working normal bunker wich is TAKEN FULL with AI in there should make airstrike active. But you can only do it every 10 minutes or so. What do you think?

Thanks for your hard work mate! Appreciated.

PS. If you want help with making the text in the mission to proper english i can help you.

Regards

Alex

Hi alex,

I have two questions by you.

1) Do you want to avoid leaving the bunker where the tent was constructed?

2) If the defense of the bunker where the tent was constructed is automated, can you go on an expedition to attack enemy's bunker?

I think that the following idea is good if the answer of the question to you is the same as my expectation.

BUNKER (no tent)

- The air support can be requested from among the bunker by player.

* AT helicopter

* After construction immediately

* A limit: A team member more than three

BUNKER (with tent)

- The automatic artillery request.

* Attack range:100m or more - within 500m

* A limit: after construction of the artillery base

- An air strike request from among the bunker by player.

* A map click

* Unlimited distance

* Selectable bomb kind

What do you think of this?

PROPER ENGLISH

Really? Thank you.

Shall I extract only the text from the mission file?

Just a small bug i think. Very often when i do the medic, refuel/rearm etc at a bunker it is calling for heli evac lol. I get the Osprey coming in every mission i do without i never called it.

I also have it. I think that it is a cause that the selection moves when the center mouse button is pushed after it selects it with the wheel.

If the request item is selected by the dialog, it is likely to be able to solve it.

Edited by stiff

Hey Stiff!

Will comment when i get home from work. Dont think i understand your questions though? Not want to leave the bunker after tent is up? Refrase the questions and i take a look again.

But i think it works good as it is mate. Just adding the airstrike from ANY fully AI taken bunker would make it better i think. Its very nice to see you have new ideas all the time though. :) Will comment more when i get back home.

Alex