Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Server Host Recommendations

We're a new ArmA unit that's recently started out, and we're looking for a good value server host.

What we're after is:

Good performance (good enough for ArmA that is).

20-30 slots.

Several GB storage.

Easy access to add and remove addons and missions, and executables such as ACE installers.

Preferably in or near the UK.

Can any clan admins recommend a good provider?

Thanks,

Daniel

Didn't SS close their doors for new rentals?

Thanks for the replies. Got a 48 hour demo server off Clanwarz, seems pretty good so far.

I'm actually thinking of changing my server provider. Hypernia is terrible with ArmA.

Clanwarz has excellent support but seems far too weak for ArmA.

Waiting for a response from squadserver, they'd be perfect if they're still alive.

I remember when I first had a server I had it from squad server. They were very reliable, unfortunately they shut down their USA Servers :(

Hmm, haven't had a response from squadserver (although they'd be ideal), and seemeplay is US only. Spotted any others?

Well their is Hypernia...but they aren't the greatest when it comes to support on ArmA servers. They screwed my server up when I asked them to upload the beta patch.

gamingdeluxe.co.uk are doing a great job so far. Few niggling problems, but we're getting there.

squadserver has ceased business after a disagreement between its owners, i know cause i was one of the owners.

i have set up as Milsim-Servers, currently have a q6600@3.2 rented out to 53IB and i have spaces on a q6600@3.5Ghz.

you can get hold of my via PM on here, or take a look at the website i threw together and contact my via that.

Esco

hmm, it appears my sig isn't working

http://www.milsim-servers.co.uk/

Edited by RN Escobar

I would have to agree with Daniel about GamingDeluxe, i've personally had great experiences with that company.

They will upload mods and addons on request for you, when last i had a server with them they uploaded Ace and the AceIsland packs for me, ofcourse.. they give you the ability to do it yourself, but its quicker for them to do it.

Obviously they are UK based, but i thought id chime in and give some personal experience ;)

- oh, looking closer at the topic, i see daniel was the person who asked.. and is also now using gamingdeluxe, guess they advertise enough already :D

Edited by Stilton