Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Voice over improvement?

Any word on whether we'll have better voice overs instead of the robotic phrases from ARMA 1?

afaik BIS has said that they will improve. If my memory servers me right, it was one of GC videos, where you can hear in-game radio voices, that are same to ArmA 1. After that Maruk said something like "those are the old voices, they will be completelly redone". Sorry if I remember wrong. tounge2.gif

I hope they have several sets per voice to indicate either the level of intensities we are currently in, or at least a special voice set when in stealth mode. Most games have gotten this wrong:

ArmA : Yelling badly when trying to be as silent as possible.

FarCry (both), Vietcong, others : Massive splotch when dipping the toe in water, sounds like a dive.

GRAW: Too quiet iirc, even in heavy firefights.

But most of all and not really related to voice sets, do I hope there will be separate controls for VoN directchat audio levels, and not directly tied to effects.

I think their voices should change based on the mode they are in, for example, set your squad mode to stealth and they will all whisper. That would cool.

Ah that you mean, thought you refering to the ingame voice over ip system, that needs some improvement too!

Yes Marek, confirmed that all voices would be new and improved.

Though, I'm not completely certain but i have the feeling i eared somewhere, in an interview or a video that each side (West, East, Civil, etc) will have their own native language in ArmA2, can someone confirm it?

Quote[/b] ]in an interview or a video that each side (West, East, Civil, etc) will have their own native language in ArmA2, can someone confirm it?

Yes they will biggrin_o.gif