Sign in to follow this  
Chris-PA

What Downloads do you recommend?

Hello, my name is Chris. I have been a fan of Operation Flashpoint and the expansion Resistance for at least 7-8 years now. Every now and then I revisit the game and play through it. This is the first time in probably 3 years I played this game again, since then I lost track of the websites that offer user made campaigns, mods, and weapons for downloads. So can you guys point me in the direction of some of these websites? Also what downloads would you recommend? I am interested in nearly anything, but I don't care for anything that focuses on all Spec Ops or vehicle combat. I want a mix so I can experience everything.

Also I had a question, I downloaded a weapon that adds the M1911 Colt .45 handgun to the game, but when I go into the gear section to setup my weapons it doesn't show up. What gives? Thanks again. BTW, before you guys ask I did a google search I didn't find too many websites. Maybe I am looking under the wrong category?

http://ofp.gamepark.cz

Custom addons are only available in the Mission Editor, and missions created in the Mission Editor using these addons.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz

Custom addons are only available in the Mission Editor, and missions created in the Mission Editor using these addons.

Wow great website, thanks. That really sucks that you can't use mods in the Campaign, whats the point of downloading them? Is it even possible to use the add-on's in user made campaigns?

If anyone else has more websites that offer Operation Flashpoint user made Campaigns, and Add-On's please post them here. I am in the process of archiving the links. Thanks.

I had a long, detailed answer until f***ing IE crashed.

Search 'User Missions' for "Delta". That will find missions / campaigns featuring BAS or LSR Delta / Rangers.

PM me your email address and I'll send you my html link archive.

Ok I will check those suggestions, you can send the rest of the links to this E-Mail address: Mysterman2065@aol.com

I appreciate your help. smile_o.gif

That really sucks that you can't use mods in the Campaign, whats the point of downloading them?

crazy_o.gif

what is the point of addons and mods ? really i can't believe anyone would ask this kind of question.

Well...

You know there is a mission editor in OFP ? You know you can create your own skirmishes in no time on any islands even if you are a complete beginner if you can't find a campaign or a mission for an addon/mod ?

And if you don't find a mission/campaign for mod X or addon Y, you know you can build or edit a mission or a campaign for it thanks to the various tutorial and helpfull post on the mission editing board or on OFPEC ?

It is far from rocket science, anyone can build even a very simple mission after reading a basic tutorial, the OFP mission editor is just that great.

Holy S***! You don't want Sanctuary to make the crazy_o.gif face, you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

I have all the reasons in the world to be angry : just look .

We've been manipulated all that time and were denied the truth by pseudo scientists using some alcohol pretext. crazy_o.gif

Holy S***! You don't want Sanctuary to make the crazy_o.gif face, you wouldn't like him when he's angry.
Also I had a question, I downloaded a weapon that adds the M1911 Colt .45 handgun to the game, but when I go into the gear section to setup my weapons it doesn't show up. What gives?

Generally speaking, addons differ from mods:

Addons - add something to the game, be it a unit, weapon or vehicle. They can only be accessed through the mission editor and so will only appear when you or someone else create a mission (or campaign) utilising the unit / weapon / vehicle in question.

Mods - modify the games config. This can be just remodelled weapons (INQMod), improved effects (ECP, SLX) all the way to total replacements where virtually everything is upgraded (FFUR, CSLA II, FDF). The results will be visible everytime you play.

Some more details about mods may be found in the Community Mod Wiki.

To keep your OFP installation neat, mods should be installed in ModFolders. This method means you can choose whether or not to run them.

BTW, before you guys ask I did a google search I didn't find too many websites. Maybe I am looking under the wrong category?

When I use the Famous Web Search Engine, I include +OFP in the search line.

EDIT

If you wondering about not receiving my email:

Quote[/b] ]This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Mysterman2065@aol.com

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

host mailin-01.mx.aol.com [64.12.139.249]: 554-:

(HVU:B1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html

554 TRANSACTION FAILED

Thanks for the education, it's too bad the creators of the game didn't make it that you can drop in additional weapons and vehicles into the main/downloaded campaigns. That would have been awesome. I will use your suggestions to find some new campaigns to play, I already found a few good ones. BTW, sorry about the E-Mail address the M isn't capped, it's mysterman2065@aol.com

Thanks again for your continued help

I would like to hear from some of you other guys, what are the campaigns/missions you are currently playing? I am looking for more to download. Problem is this game is getting old and it's a pain to find anything good. Even when you do find something good the missions require a ton of addon's. So please reply to my thread, give me some working links. Thanks.

That really sucks that you can't use mods in the Campaign, whats the point of downloading them?

crazy_o.gif

what is the point of addons and mods ? really i can't believe anyone would ask this kind of question.

Well...

You know there is a mission editor in OFP ? You know you can create your own skirmishes in no time on any islands even if you are a complete beginner if you can't find a campaign or a mission for an addon/mod ?

And if you don't find a mission/campaign for mod X or addon Y, you know you can build or edit a mission or a campaign for it thanks to the various tutorial and helpfull post on the mission editing board or on OFPEC ?

It is far from rocket science, anyone can build even a very simple mission after reading a basic tutorial, the OFP mission editor is just that great.

I have no interest in making my own missions, whats so hard to understand? BTW, where did I say I knew everything about the mission editor? This is the first time I played this game in nearly 4 years, at first I didn't even remember how to find my campaign file. Well I guess this is the internet and its cool to be rude.

I have all the reasons in the world to be angry : just look .

We've been manipulated all that time and were denied the truth by pseudo scientists using some alcohol pretext. crazy_o.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gif

I keep searching the internet for more campaigns but for the most part I keep finding dead links. So again please give me some recommendations because I can't find anything.

So far I was only able to find another 1-2 campaigns. I must of went through 20 others before I found these two, most of the times half the add-on's are no longer available. So does anyone here have any suggestions where I can search for campaigns that I can download? That includes add-on's.

ROC MOD 3 has some nice campaigns with it although in the grafics department the mod looks dated.

I think you can get it at "OFP.info".

STGN

I keep searching the internet for more campaigns but for the most part I keep finding dead links. So again please give me some recommendations because I can't find anything.

[Click]

Download:

-Revolution 1983

-Street

-Max Powers (English) (or the regular (German) one if you're German)

-Darkness & Hope

-Delta Ops 1.22

-Life Story

-Terror In Malden 1.0

-Samson´s War on Terror

Most of these use very little addons (and they're still great), and if there are addons needed, it is mostly mentioned. If not, use the site's Search function to find them.

Now some of these may give you an error when downloading. That's because the FTP was changed, so the address needs to be changed. I.e.:

Works:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/campaigns/Revolution1983.zip

Doesn't work:

ftp://ofpd:ofpd@ofp.gamepark.cz/campaig....ror.zip

Use the path from the first link, and the filename from the campaign that you want to download, like:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd....ror.zip

And the download will work.

Good advice, especially on the FTP's. I have most of those campaigns but I will see about 2-3 of those I am not familiar with. Thanks guys. If anyone else can make some recommendations please post them here.