Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

ARMA 2 High Command?

I stumbled upon this http://www.arma2.com/new-ingame-pictures-from-arma-2-boot-camp_en.html

Look at the third screenshot... is this the high command system? Do we have anymore info about it? From the look of it, it seems now we can control multiple squads, not just multiple individual. I think its great. CoC done it in OFP and ARMA but you can only control them on the map mode, but this looks like you can control them on the ground also. Sweet smile_o.gif

What i,m wondering is do you have to play high command once you get to in the game? For example if you wish to focus on your team will the AI do the high command.

What I find interesting is high command must rely on the AI to solve complex problems as a group on their own. Otherwise it would be kind of pointless wouldn't it?

commanding a lot of forces is really cool for missions other then the campaign i think. I saw in the german gameplay footage that in the end of the campaign you have to command a lot more forces then team razor. What if i just want to command my own team? Special forces never command mass forces on the battlefield

commanding a lot of forces is really cool for missions other then the campaign i think. I saw in the german gameplay footage that in the end of the campaign you have to command a lot more forces then team razor. What if i just want to command my own team? Special forces never command mass forces on the battlefield

Special Forces are a type of military unit. Not a rank! And its the later the one that prevails when commanding. Team Razor will spend alot of time on Chernarussia, they have the best knowladge of the place, know the enemy unit positions, etc... they will be well suited for unit commanding on the later stages of the campaign.

Also at the end of "Harvest Red", instead of a 1st Sargeant Miles you could have a Captain Miles. Remember Armstrong from OFP? Started as private ended as an Officer...

Imho "High Command" is a feature for new Arma2 Warfare missions. Hope thats not kind of steady + magic "all seeing eye" over combat areas.

HKFlash do you have some more declassified infos about AI too?

Imho "High Command" is a feature for new Arma2 Warfare missions. Hope thats not kind of steady + magic "all seeing eye" over combat areas.

HKFlash do you have some more declassified infos about AI too?

I wish. sad_o.gif

The info I got is not declassified. It was taken from a series of interviews and previews. This kind of information got... lost by the majority of the community.

I know for example that the campaign's main storyline, alone, is 10 hours long more or less. However if you complete the side missions you could get dozens of hours of gameplay.

... Special forces never command mass forces on the battlefield

They not directly command them, but especially in Afghanistan they are/were used to coordinate operations between the regular coalition forces and e.g. Northern Alliance and other friendly local forces.

This is actually exactly the kind of mission I'd expect Team Razor to have to perform:

Find local allies among the various factions, operate with them and coordinate operations with the USMC forces.

Of course, technically they would not be in command but tell the local commander, 'Look, our forces plan to attack there and it would be great if you could launch some distraction over here...' - for game purpose I could live with it if it would put us in command wink_o.gif

Special Forces are a type of military unit. Not a rank! And its the later the one that prevails when commanding. Team Razor will spend alot of time on Chernarussia, they have the best knowladge of the place, know the enemy unit positions, etc... they will be well suited for unit commanding on the later stages of the campaign.

Also at the end of "Harvest Red", instead of a 1st Sargeant Miles you could have a Captain Miles. Remember Armstrong from OFP? Started as private ended as an Officer...

WELL, I don't think you'll get promoted from sergeant to captain this fast.

That's few ranks up in one WEEK!

You mean the Armed Assault 2 campaign is of a week "in-game" duration? whistle.gif

You mean the Armed Assault 2 campaign is of a week "in-game" duration? whistle.gif

Yes, I heard it somewhere...maybe two, well it's a conflict story, and these are usually week long anyway.

(Somebody from Devs commented why RPG attributes wouldn't fit in the game, as the story progresses a week in-game)

Well thats a hell of a short war! LOL

Did not know this information that's why I talked about the promotions.

Hi all

CoC CEX works in both Map and 3D command HUD mode.

Just correcting an impresion Mr_Centipede may have acedentaly given in his first post wink_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

As a High Commander you can move around units/squads like in a RTS game if i understand it correct. And in MP i guess it will be awesome if you for example dont have enough players, and one plays as HC and can supply you on the front with AI units. Send in units/aircrafts/tanks and helis for extraction etc. And HC can do this with set waypoints so everything comes in the way the HC wants.

I got that impression of the HC anyway. Might be wrong. Hope not. HC opens up for much more possibilities in regards of game modes wich is super duper. Seems now from all info we got that ARMA2 will be very versatile and can be played in so many ways. Cant wait to see community missions for it as soon as people start learning lots about it. Cant wait to dig into that ME myself...

smile_o.gif

Alex

well what i mean is that they should focus on the special operation aspect of the team. I would want to have the option if i get the chance to do high command if i choose to do so. And if i dont i can only focus on my own team and let the AI handle high command.

Ofcourse its like that. This is ArmA mate. you can do what you want. If you dont want to play the HC role then dont. I think you choose when making a mission if there will be a HC in there.

I think i read that in the campaign though there will be parts of it where you get to play as HC to move huge forces into battle.

Alex