Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Mask_lco image

I was about to send an mp to the buy that might have an good answer for this question but hes box was full..

I know the procedure that comes in the Quick Tutorial but people create masks so fast that it must exist a faster and better way to create it, maybe using some special option in PhotoShop to generate a mask image of the original map.

Is it possible from the original terrain image to create a similar one but using only 4 colors? Instead of creating several layers with a specific color?

Can you please make the picture bigger?

I think i get the theoretic idea but i don't see such option on my Photoshop CS3, nor can't transform my terrain original image to only 4 color map with the option Image\adjustment\curves...

Can i have some extra hand please?

thanks for the help and to lighten me about this subject.. A lot of time can be saved with it smile_o.gif

Merci.

Another way by Opteryx  (Using Hue\Saturation tool):

Tutorial

enjoy!!  wink_o.gif.

Thank You! Very useful smile_o.gif

The method i used with GIMP was posterize and you with it the number of color you want.

Just a small Photoshop tip I found useful while working with mask images.

To make sure you have the exact number of colours and the correct colours easily, convert to indexed colours via the image --> mode menu (make sure forced is set to none and transparency is off). Once converted, use mode --> colour table to easily see exactly which colours are present. From here you can also change or remove additional colours. Removing is done by clicking the colour swatch in the table and changing the RGB values to match one of your layer.cfg colours.

Just a small Photoshop tip I found useful while working with mask images.

To make sure you have the exact number of colours and the correct colours easily, convert to indexed colours via the image --> mode menu (make sure forced is set to none and transparency is off). Once converted, use mode --> colour table to easily see exactly which colours are present. From here you can also change or remove additional colours. Removing is done by clicking the colour swatch in the table and changing the RGB values to match one of your layer.cfg colours.

thanks dmitri, useful stuff and tips to be used wink_o.gif