Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

WW2WARFARE V1.0

Requires: WW2 mod and latest patches installed in order they came out

As promised...WW2WARFARE!

warfare_logo_brown-1.png

WW2 WARFARE: FEATURES

-KNOWN ISSUES: AIRPORTS do not work correct- Airports removed - ALL AIRCRAFT ADDED TO THE AIRCRAFT FACTORY - so you can spawn them from there.  The airports will only function as a point of return for autopilot landings or AI disembarkment.

-Resistance forces are Russian and use allied equipment(Willy Jeep, M26 Pershing, M4A4 Sherman.

-LCM(3) landing craft can be spawned from the AIRCRAFT FACTORY, so commanders place them carefully near water.  Don't try to attempt to spawn aircraft in water or vice-versa  This does not currently function properly as spawning in water does not work.

-THIS MAP IS HUGE!  BE SMART AND TAKE A PAIR OF FUEL TRUCKS WITH YOU TO PIGGY BACK!

-YOU CAN MOVE YOUR MHQ via air.  Ju52's and C47's can move the mhq once it's "picked-up" by a glider.  It will place your vehicle 50 meters behind and 8 meters up in the air - May look ackward.

-AI forces skill set at max.

-Capture all towns or destroy enemy base.

-Your own AI can be REMOVED from your control! YES! thats right! Remove through the "Team Status" action menu. Put a end to those miserable AI you own that get stuck, or Remove the "Where are you" relentless AI.  Team status dialog modified to fit Normandy map parameters.

-TEAM STATUS allows you to join other join other groups and manage AI if you become a leader in that group.  In WW2Warfare commands from the chosen commander whether AI or a PVP overide your orders if you join another AI controlled or player controlled team.  Team status allows you to view status of others including damage, health, ammo, etc.

-You can join other units and become part of their mission at any time through the "Team Status" action menu.

-Supply & Salvage trucks have fuel, ammo, & repair functions so they also have unlimited fuel for their own use so they shouldn't get stuck so often.

-Opel blitz & WC51 dodge can repair, refuel and provide ammo and spawn various weapons when you are close to them.

-Kublewagon and Jeep funtion as MHQ respectively and despawn randomly under AI command, this creates an unpredictable atmosphere where base defense is mandatory.  Also MHQ's are hard to spot for enemy and friendlys =)

-AIRCRAFT - Some can hitch and tow gliders, Gliders can hitch(pickup) HQ vehicles and cars  - Hitching of gliders is somewhat buggy, gliders will appear above ground when they are hitched.

-TRUCKS - They can tow (pickup) static weapons, other cars & moveable guns and tow them.

-LANDING CRAFT - Can be spawned via light vehicle spawn placed by water, so be careful on how you place it ( currently doesnt work...working on it).

-LANDING CRAFT - Can hitch (pickup) tanks, cars, HQ, static & moveable weapons.

-Bases commanders get more initial funds.

-Increased construction distance to spread base apart and prevent one team from winning the game with a solo bomber.

-ARTILLERY - FLAK36 for the Axis, M101 Howitzer for the Allies - 1,000 m min./  14,000 m max distance.

-Other known issues.  When purchasing Equipment or AI, the words "repair", "refuel","ammo", etc appear in que although purchases do work.

DOWNLOAD WW2WARFARE V1.0

<a href="http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4210" target="_blank">

ARMAHOLIC: WW2WARFARE</a>

<a href="http://rapidshare.com/files/162987655/ww2warefare.normandy.pbo" target="_blank">

Rapidshare: ww2warfare.normandy.pbo</a>

Recommended WW2WARFARE mission Server settings(this is what the 31st uses):

-Intel Xeon Quad Core 2.8Ghz equivilant or higher

-Windows 2008 Server or equivilant

-4 Gigs or system ram

Armaholic and other mirrors to appear soon!

Please post your comments and questions specifically about this mission here in this thread and refer to the mod thread for questions and comments about the vehicles, map, etc.  If you'd like to further help and develope WW2WARFARE, please feel free to PM me or post here!

Thanks!

-rip31st

Great. I would wish someone could port this to Sahrani though, I love the long distances but sometimes you just want to keep it short smile_o.gif

But its a excellent mod, and map.

Great. I would wish someone could port this to Sahrani though, I love the long distances but sometimes you just want to keep it short smile_o.gif

But its a excellent mod, and map.

Pip is working on a Sahrani ported version.

Other known issues:

-MHQ's do not have a destroyed state so they appear to be intact. In other words when you blow them up they appear to be the same after their destruction. This add's some entertainment value as the enemy may think your HQ might still be alive. Will be fixed in the future. Also separate well defined HQ vehicles will eventually replace the Jeep and Kubelwagon as MHQs.

IM still fiddling with the sahrani one if anybody wants it PM me.

Its based on the waco version so the AI cap airports etc, I think they do anyway still testing.

Hi,

your mission has been added to the ArmedAssault.info MP missions database.

ToadBall

Thanks. I will keep you updated as changes occur.

Hey can you port this to the Schmalfelden map, that map is alot easier on my PC and it still has that European theater feel.

Hey can you port this to the Schmalfelden map, that map is alot easier on my PC and it still has that European theater feel.

I don't even have that map but when I get a chance in a few weeks I will download it and possibly port a warfare mission to is. Isn't a rather small map?

I don't even have that map but when I get a chance in a few weeks I will download it and possibly port a warfare mission to is.  Isn't a rather small map?

It's a pretty normal size map with rather large towns in a European landscape.

I don't even have that map but when I get a chance in a few weeks I will download it and possibly port a warfare mission to is.  Isn't a rather small map?

It's a pretty normal size map with rather large towns in a European landscape.

Same size as Sahrani? How many towns?