Sign in to follow this  
Yuka

Can add-ons be packed within a mission .pbo

I am in the process of developing a mission for use at a LANParty that I'm going to host. I'm going to be using quite a bit of add-ons.

In building the mission, the thought came up, "Could I include the add-on files within the mission so the players don't have to worry about installing the add-ons?"

I'm not sure if an "Addons" folder could be included in the mission pbo, but is there a way to do this?

Is there a limit to the amount?

Bandwidth won't be an issue as every player will have a gigabit link to the game server.

Any help would be appreciated.

not possible.

what about a self extracting installer?

or maybe yomatools server works also in LAN?

I can do that but I'd like to make it as easy as possible for the players and myself.

Yoma Tools is probably the best idea.

What limitations are there with loading content that would normally be included in an add-on? I've seen images and sounds get loaded with missions before. What can't be loaded?

configs, anims, p3d (models) etc

Shucks, twas a novel thought, however.

Yoma's it is!

Try it at home before doing the LAN party. So you don't loose any time when you want to game.

Try it at home before doing the LAN party. So you don't loose any time when you want to game.

I've been hosting LANParties for years and I'm a stickler when it comes to people having their games installed and running ahead of time.

I have an in-house webserver with DNS set up properly.. for computers in my network, the IP of the webserver's domains gets resolved to the internal network so there is no router to go through. In testing, your add-on synchronizer has been getting 8 to 20 MB/sec (depending on the size of the file). Works like a charm and set-up is pretty easy.

Yoma,

One of my attendees is having problems getting the add-on synchronizer up and running.

He is running windows Vista... I have never tried to run it on Vista. Are there any known issues with your software and Vista?

Thanks

I run my tool on vista64 bit without any problem at all, with UAC enabled.

What exactly is the problem?

Is he using the latest version? (download from my website)

He may have a corrupt click once application store (in case the tool does not want to install or launch)How to fix this

Cool. I'll have him try that.

He said that it appears and disappears quickly.

I'm glad to here that it is not necessarily a Vista issue.

Thanks so much!

If it needs be i can connect to his pc and look at the cause myself. Also there is a logfile at

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmaAddonSync\YomaArmaMod.log

(for vista)

That may provide usefull information for me.