Sign in to follow this  
Marijus

T-90 PACK

if you are interested in some feedback,

here is a bit improved config:

http://ifile.it/a5i12u9

also from what I can see these models just have 1(! ) LOD now.

thats really bad in terms of performance  confused_o.gif

the former version of badger had at least dozen of LOD while

being very performance unfriendly for other reasons.

in addition check the link in my sig how to reduce the section count.

the 30+ are way way over the top

thanks for your work!

Great looking tanks. Are there any known bugs for this release?

More specifically any bugs regarding multiplayer?

Hi

@Q:yes, i am interested... I want it test, but this moment no have time. ( maybe test it saturday wink_o.gif ) but maybe you can clarify, wherewith it beter? I not beter in this wink_o.gif

About LODs, why is bad??? My PC work without "bugs",though insert more T-90... But if you want, i can insert more LODs...

@Binary: I not see bugs, but i not test it in MP huh.gif ...

If was want, i insert new version, with another camo (see in first post)...

Regards,

Marijus

hey Marijus smile_o.gif

thanks for your replay.

Check this about LOD and performance. Still applies just the same for ArmA:

Lowlands Warrior - Level of Detail (LODs) in OFP

For importance of low number of sections and how to reduce the

number read this thread and links in it:

iB::Topic::Model data to judge ingame performance

Tot test the performance impact you need to bring your GPU to the limit.

So place enough number of models.

And actually you need to compare against an optimized version

of it to see the result. That way you have made an optimized

version already.  wink_o.gif

@Q, Hi, i insert you config in this pack, and who want test it, can download and report about bugs, because i dont see it... wink_o.gif

+ I change sabot reload time.

DOWNLOAD

T-90 PACK 1.4

Good fun xmas_o.gif

What are the classnames?

Unless I've done something silly, I can't get these to spawn in Domination.

OK, related problem.

I know how to make the T90 SA Green spawn in Domination missions, the tanks appear in the mission, but the mission gives an error at the start.

I'm using the 1.4 version.

t90missingaddonerror.jpg

error message is because one file was deleted from addons folder

ARMA has one stupid behaviour comparing to OFP

sometimes even if you don't use addon in mission, but was present in addons folder, when you were making mission - it appears in mission.sqm file head

so i had the same problem , it is not problem of addon, it is problem of something with Arma editor

i remember that i was making mission on addons A,B, C, addon D was present in folder, after i sent it to friend, he told me that mission is not lauching , cause asking for addon D

I'm aware of the problems that can be caused by removing an addon unit using editor, when references remain in mission.sqm. This addon is not mentioned in the first two sections of mission.sqm, but then, it wouldn't be because the spawning of these tanks is controlled by a script within the mission pbo, not by mission.sqm.

Also, I note that the error seems to allude to a version of 1.02, whereas I'm using 1.4. This might be because the addon maker had that name for parts of the addon and hasn't changed them as he's made newer version. Who or what is smurf anyway?

Hi,TankbusterSPAFF

I answer in you question, from this topick:Bi forum  biggrin_o.gif

but i can say only about my pack. first, with this pack work more addonmakers. More help me modEmMaik, with config, random numbers and more... This pack have vilas NSVT... some details from 343rdBadger... stora, from ike... textures from RHS...

and i say again, many thanks for these addonmakers  notworthy.gif

get on, i say, about this pack history  rofl.gif more time, i discuss in this forum:www.flashpoint.ru

more members me say: change turent, change turent, change turent rofl.gif i change it. wink_o.gif  say again, chainge DSKM, to NSVT...

I change it smile_o.gif change tail pipe... and again, i CHANGE IT!!! huh.gif more time i see in T-90 maps, and foto. I creating model with maps. at this time, i can say, this model most authentic with original... yay.gif

But all T-90 in arma, no bad: ikes T-90 have nice damage model, nice sounds, nice textures...

343rdBadger armor pack, have some detail, from my pack. regrettably, it stop work with this pack...

and if u want see more nice piks about T-90, you can see in this page:http://www.otvaga2004.narod.ru/

Marijus,

Thanks for replying here, it's probably best if we don't continue the discussion from that thread.

I'm pleased to say I've solved the missing addon error. It was, as I suspected because the unit is spawned via an SQF script that is called during the mission. As such, there's no entry for it in the top bits of mission.sqm. (ie, they were never created by the mission editor)

I noticed that al the units in the mission have a 'fake' spawn up on a tiny island. They have zero probability of presence, but it's enough to give them a entry, think of it as a declaration, in the first two paragraphs of mission.sqm.

I did that an sure enough, the error went away!

Hello Marijus,

I'm a big fan of you T-90, its my fav vehicle mod. I do have one problem though, now that I use ACE Mod with arma this T-90 is no longer as deadly. ACE seems to have increased the armor protection on the Tanks and now your T90 cannot take out a even a t-72 very easily. I'm wondering if you ever made a version of your tank mod with ACE compatable damage and armor values?