Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

PC Crashing When Working on Small Terrains

This is kinda worrying, but when I create small terrains in Visitor and start Buldozer my PC just shuts off after a few minutes. What could be causing this? It does not happen with larger terrains.

-edit-

Ok, I tried once again and when I rebooted after the crash I got this message:

Quote[/b] ]a hyper transport sync flood error occurred on the last boot press F1 to continue

hmmm, interesting.

can you provide some more details, terrain grid size etc.

tried it with a 16x16 grid @ 10m... got a ctd, not a complete shutdown... haven't been able to replicate it again though.

If it's a repeatable thing... and of course only with V3/Buldozer... then it's probably related to the same problem buldozer/O2 has with large .rtm's.

bugs. quality control.

what os you running Opteryx... i'm xp64bit and I have VS2005/VS2008 installed as well as other debuggers so often they catch the ctd's rather than blue-screening... I fact I honestly can't remember the last blue-screen I got with anything.

I probably could do some resource usage spying and other things to try and work out where the applications are screwing up but that's of little benefit... that's a BIS job...

maybe some of your details will shed some more light...

atm I dunno... wink_o.gif

Win XP 32,. It happens on all kinds of terrain dimension, regardless of cell size, terrain size sat imagery (but only had it on small ones so far). As an example, I thought that maybe too small terrains was too unstable, so I replicated Rahmadi exactly and I got a full system crash. Would anything from the event log be useful here?

-edit-

It happens everytime after about 30 seconds in buldozer, but I did get a BSoD in while ingame recently, only one I've ever had since ArmA came out I think, this has not happened again though.

It happens on all kinds of terrain dimension, regardless of cell size, terrain size sat imagery (but only had it on small ones so far).

Well, then there doesn't appear to be some defineable sort of pattern with regard island properties...

I've had no major issues (like you've described anyway) with V3/Buldozer.

Based I'd your additional info. it's now looking more like some OS configuration alteration or some hardware acting up...

ArmA/Buldozer/V3 might be the impetus/catalyst and a contributing factor, but based on what you've said I'd say something else is acting up.

What that something is can be a vast array of options... best just to way up the merits of an OS-reinstall...

Quote[/b] ]Would anything from the event log be useful here?

Possibly, probably not... sorry Opteryx, but this is sounding more like a computer/OS problem... you need a helpdesk...  wink_o.gif

Had your box open recently?

AFAIK, hyper transport is AMD's memory controller (on the CPU). You may want to do some general RAM + system stability testing, especially if you are overclocking.

Well guys i need help too regarding PC shutting down while playing the game...

My PC shuts down when i play arma 2 for 30 mints..first sometimes it crashed but now

after each 30 mints it shuts down..

Any kind of help will be appreciated

1. Wrong forum (this is the ArmA 1 forum).

2. Wrong thread (this should go in troubleshooting).

3. For all of the above you dig out an almost over 1 year old thread.

Post your problem in the ArmA2 troubleshooting forum.