Sign in to follow this  
jdhaines

Tap on the Shoulder

This is a request to all of you coding gurus out there.  I am looking for a mod that does one simple thing.  "Taps" someone on the shoulder right in front of you.  This could be HUGELY useful in many different situations.  

I'm thinking that the best way to accomplish this would be hitting the space-bar (or make it changeable) and the guy's screen right in front of you would flash a color or tint for a split second.  It wouldn't have to be much.  Hell, I don't care if it threw up a picture calling him an asshat...just something to signal him.

This would make stacking at a door work in MOUT operations, as well as a way to signal for someone to do something without the lag of TS or Vent.  

Would this be possible?  Are there any major limitations to this?  Would anyone be willing to throw it together?  I would love to see more of these types of minor game-enhancing mods come out rather than the millions of vehicles, weapons, and aircraft that have been coming out lately.

yup, wrong place u posted. BUT, it is possible, and puttin the grenade throw animation, and it look she hits his shoulder biggrin_o.gif

bu´t yeah, post this somewhere else, not here wink_o.gif

Oh geez, come on guys. This whole entire forum "Arma - Addons & Mods: Discussion" is devoted to two things...one of which is the discussion of ideas and requests...

So if half of the forum is devoted to this, do we really need to locate all requests into one single thread with 106 pages? We may as well put all requests into a thread that gets deleted every month.

So essentially, this forum is for the discussion of work in progress mods except for the one thread. Perhaps it should be labeled as such.

Consider this request canceled.

I think this addon would be a really REALLY focking cool idea!

Someone should get working on this right away!! Think about the possibilities in urban combat or entering building, even running across an open terrain and bounding. Imagine the space bar put to proper use!

Even if there is a topic for suggestions THIS needs to be in it's own topic cause it's so good!

Electrodes from the USB port, taped to shoulder.

It is actually quite a cool idea, given how much shoulder tapping goes on. You'd have to have a visual prompt and sound to make it obvious when you're being tapped. It'd also have to be fast and intuitive to use.

It would be like a flash/flashing white or something on the screen and a noise as Pathy said. Or also a prompt that gives you the 'so-and-so has tapped your shoulder' on your screen. Or something like that.

This kind of thing is almost necessary for team work especially when there's way too much communication going on, you don't have the physical ability to tap a person on the shoulder. So by implementing a 'shoulder tap' command with your spacebar (I would hope it could be used with the spacebar, as it's not used in ArmA at all on my end) within a certain distance of the person (doesn't have to be an animation honestly) could really help move things along in any urban op, and improve communication.

So if half of the forum is devoted to this, do we really need to locate all requests into one single thread with 106 pages?  We may as well put all requests into a thread that gets deleted every month.  

So essentially, this forum is for the discussion of work in progress mods except for the one thread.  Perhaps it should be labeled as such.

It is a waste of space to have every request in it's own thread. It wont change the fact that most of them will get ignored, modders have their own ideas too icon_rolleyes.gif

If you start working on your idea and actually have something to show, then it would be worth having its own thread.

Anyway, the idea is possible. If you leave out the shoulder-tap animation then it should be fairly easy.

It wouldn't have to be an animation or anything fancy like that - just a simple alert / notice that gets your attention and lets you know someone is on your back (as they have tapped a command that triggers this), this way you don't have to look behind you to figure out who's there. Much safer.

I know absolutely nothing about mod-making so I wouldn't even know where to start. whistle.gif

There is a reason why we have an addon request thread.

Closing.