Sign in to follow this  
icecoolwrx

Bull Dozer Converting Problem

Hi All,

I had made a working map in game awhile back about oh say 6 months ago and was side tracked. As you proably guess from this i started working on it again. When i go to run bull dozer to convert the files to paa.. it comes up with a command box saying... "converting resources, please wait ------------------------------------------------------------" which keeps going for awhile like that and thats it. I can see the textures and everything in bulldozer but no paa files or anything created. From what i remember you usally see the files in the command box while they are converting.

Thanks in advance

Quote[/b] ]I can see the textures and everything in bulldozer but no paa files or anything created. From what i remember you usally see the files in the command box while they are converting.

Hmmm...what is your problem actually?

Are there materials shown on your map in Buldozer or not?

That´s what I am still trying to get by reading your post.

Well the main problem is my bulldozer, its not converting the png files to paa when i launch if from visitor. I have the latest tool release.

If the converted paa files are already in the Data/Layers folder Buldozer does not need to convert them.

Did you import the cfg, sat and mask files before starting Buldozer?

If the converted paa files are already in the Data/Layers folder Buldozer does not need to convert them.

Did you import the cfg, sat and mask files before starting Buldozer?

Theres no paa files at all when i start bulldozer or after.

Yup, I imported the cfg,sat, and mask before starting bulldozer.

Only thing that changed from my last know working map was the update to version 1.14 along with the tool set for it.

And Gnat, i never tried it in 02 can you import png textures into it? if so how would i go about doing it ? I remember awhile back how you couldnt convert some texture files with out the dlls for 02, but not sure how you would go about that with visitor

Did it the manual way with converting the png and rvmats and everything works that way.

I'm losing patience which is rare for me.

It starts with a series of problems that the only logical solution would be to reinstall the tools. Then my island stops showing up in game. I know it is not a config error because prior to reinstalling the tools my island would binarize with binpbo and show up in the editor just fine.

Heres the story so far. My main island Kandahar was crashing so I was trying different things in order to get the CTI objects to work. I had resorted to a test which removed all of the CTI objects from my island in order to resolve the crashing issue. But I was getting more and more problems popping up after each change. My texview was not working and I was having difficulty creating paa's as well as Binpbo going blank after re-opening the program so my nerves were frayed. I resorted to a reinstall of the tools.

So this leads me to this thread after I notice Buldozer was not working the way it should. I was opening my Islands in the new tools and running binpbo but my islands were not showing up in Arma. One after the other they would dissapear from the editor list after binarizing. After many frustrating hours of the usual fiddling around and a complete re-importation followed by a copy and paste of all the objects into the island, it...still....will...not...show UP.

Am I to believe certain tools were damaged in the 1.14 patch? How can that be if others like Opteryx are able to finish and release islands?

Tonight my final step will be to completely remove the tools, P directory, Arma and any other files associated with it and start from scratch(after backing up islands and profile settings of course). But this is a losing battle I fear I will not win. banghead.gif

Check to see if you have a layers FILE not a folder in your data folder, I had this problem once where it created a file called layers and it stumped me for a while, delete it and you'll be ok

One other thing which caused me similar fits was when I added another harddrive and found out that Visitor and Arma have to both be on the C: drive for them to work. At least for me.

...found out that Visitor and Arma have to both be on the C: drive for them to work.

That's just you... ArmA, Visitor have always worked for me, whether I have them on C's, J's, V's, partitions, whole volumes, whatever.