Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Fallout 3

Anyone found out what the blue access cards are for that can sometimes be found on dead ghouls? Just a small reference to FO1 & FO2 where you aways needed those to access certain areas? I already got two of them, but haven't found anywhere to actually use them...

I think access cards (and metro tickets) prevent security bots from attacking you - like a friend or foe identification.

How many missions more are there in the main quest after getting to vault 87? Also how many more are there between getting the damn kids to the place?

I think access cards (and metro tickets) prevent security bots from attacking you - like a friend or foe identification.

But which ones? I got them from dead ghuls in the metro tunnels, but the metro's protectrons are 'pacified' by simply showing a metro ticket (of which I have about ten right now). Others - like in the Super Duper Market - require an identification specific to the location (like an employee ID). With the blue access cards there is no hint what their use could be (no hidden areas, locked doors or robots to pacify where I found them) - they seemed like random loot...

Well the last time i tried it worked. Pick up card, activate security bot via terminal, be not attacked.

It´s really just a thought and my awareness of it only lasts for the few hours that i played with my second character nixweiss.gif

How many missions more are there in the main quest after getting to vault 87? Also how many more are there between getting the damn kids to the place?

hmm... Two. If counting in Vault 87 then three.

Your last question i don't completely understand. If you talk about getting kids from Paradise Falls to Little Lamplight then i can't help you, i used my speech skillz to get thru gate. Kids are still rotting in Paradise Falls.

I had low skills to get through the gate, so I had to buy my way into Paradise Falls and then free the twerps.

Well I finished the game and well...it wasn't quite what I expected, I also missed half the game, I never found the Mad Max dog, which would be very cool and would make me jump from joy.

I just reached level 20 (final level as I'm playing on a console, so no mods/cheats for me) after entering the citadel with Dr. Li. I did most of the big non-main quests first and only now decided to continue (now nearly 100h into the game) the main story. And there's still quite a few corners of the map (even in the center of DC) I haven't visited yet. Oblivion might have been a 'bigger' world, but Fallout definitely beats it in content!

One more thing I really learned to love during all those hours: no more generic books you find everywhere and that repeat each other endlessly. I like the way much of the background story is told through location specific messages and log entries in terminals all over the wastelands. This adds much more to the immersion than the many books radomly found all over Cryondil in Oblivion.

I had low skills to get through the gate, so I had to buy my way into Paradise Falls and then free the twerps.

Well I finished the game and well...it wasn't quite what I expected, I also missed half the game, I never found the Mad Max dog, which would be very cool and would make me jump from joy.

You didnt miss much when you dont have Dogmeat with you.

Most time i had to care about him not being killed when he ran towards a far too strong enemy trying to bite hit while i tried to get a sneak kill... offcourse that doesnt work when your dog always destroys your sneak attempts.

If you still wanna find him search at the scrapyard.

Yeah, if you want a good compagnion then choose one of those:

- early in the game take Charon - he's easy to find and you don't need to be high level to get to him.

- after you gain access to the citadel the paladin Cross is a good choice

- after Vault 87 Fawkes is a great choice - it's not like you'll be finished exploring the world by then, so pause the main campaign and go exploring with your favourite Hulk imitator

The dog was a shitty compagnion in the first games, too. They got that one right!

tounge2.gif

I just discovered the fun of using mini nukes indoors... nothing like cleaning out a few enclave or super mutants with one of those! smile_o.gif

Eh, I resorted to the missile launcher and mines. Mines mines mines. Mwahahaha, loved showing my face in vault 87 and then run laying mines with super mutants hot on my tail, followed by a bunch of booms.

Hi guys,

So here is the shovel, I don't need it anymore (elaborate joke)

So what is :

- Not funny

- edited with a real lack of skills

- Not interresting

- badly recorded

Yup, you got it, it's my first - and last - video of Fallout 3 :

I wish I was Bruce Willis (Bruce if you're reading this it's all about humour)

DON'T YOU DARE WATCH IT IN HD

c5EdbOiPCN4

Edited by Macadam Cow

Fallout3 is one of the best games in the last years.

there are so many ways to change things with the G.E.C.K. and the system is one of the best modding systems at all. i wish Bethesda would bring an G.E.C.K. like modding kit for Oblivion or for the next The Elder Scrolls. An Fallout-Oblivion combination, that would be cool.

But at the Time, they sould first bring an Windows7 Patch for Fallout3, because Fallout3 doesn't work correct on Windows7.