Sign in to follow this  
layne_suhr

Counter the F-35

Hey guys,

i was always wondering what aircraft will they have to counter the F-35 Lightning II, i think this aircraft would be a perfect solution since it is a VTOL aircraft and it would be perfect for the small army type guys on Chernarus. It was cancelled but since it's a game set in the near future who knows what could have happened....

the YAK-141 Freestyle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-141

thats one of the main things they havent really shown yet and that is russian fixed wing aircrafts, surely they must including a few, and yes i agree the yak 141 would be a nice match up to the f35

to counter F-35 russians will simply mass out Su-37 and Su-34 instead of vasting several VTOL prototypes ...

The YAK-141 was cancelled 17 years ago... and you want them to use it to counter one of the newest and most advanced combat aircraft in the world? I don't think thats going to work too well....

However, Im sure there is some Russian aircraft out there that could be added into ArmA2 (thats actually in use today, and not a very old reject) that could, at least for the sake of gameplay, be made equal with the F-35.

Nice if BIS are going to make some of those popular MiG29 variants or even MiG-35? Su-35 would be nice too... smile_o.gif

I dont like 1:1 fictional gameplay balancing its like having the same vehicles & stuff on each side - only differences are color/camo and model. If ArmA2 is close to simulation there wont be too much balanced stuff.

I totally agree, i was just throwing the YAk out there... I think a SU-47 or Su-35 would be great to counter the F-35 as theya re new and have the latest russian technology, if only they had F-22 in ArmA nener.gif

Generally the good old russian ladies are all great and I would love to see some of them.

Su-27, Su-33, Su-37, ... my list never ends...

And I don´t want balanced stuff too.

Asymetric war is celebrated out in the world mostly I think.

The statement of Maruk to the F35B was very funny. Something like "yes, the F35B is actually not in service... but we love it".

I dunno I think the yak would be cool to see! I haven't seen it in any game before so it would be a special feature really! thumbs-up.gif

Its sometimes unique stuff in games that draw people into them aswell and gets them to stay there. wink_o.gif

To counter the F35, they would probably just use a dozen tungunska...

When you can't beat them on their own turf, you use a different strategy all the way.

"If you want to beat Bobby Fisher, don't choose Chess"