Sign in to follow this  
MehMan

Red Alert for free!

Imo EA Los Angeles or parts of old westwood just followed red alert 2's arti direction and game design and twisted it around so it went even more whacky and crazy  wink_o.gif

Imo i think the game will be blast to play even though even more unrealistic. Imo the old games had a special balance between realism and sci-fi weird stuff but now they crossed over to more sci-fi and crazy stuff.

If you want a realistic rts play c&c generals with some mod or c&c tiberium wars with some mod.  wink_o.gif

imo Generals with cwc mod makes it pretty realistic.

I was also a little bit unhappy with especially the designs of units and buildings in ra3 but after reading about 'em cool units with secondary abilities like transforming from underwater to air mode and stuff i read about it on gamereplays.org website i find Ra3 more and more interesting week by week.  smile_o.gif

Yes CWC is a great realistic mod, they did a superb job, sort of made me think I was playing OFP in RTS mode.

RA2's art wasn't quite THAT wacky, only yuri's units were a bit strange, C&C generals was to have a completely different route and start a universe of its own which RA3 would have fit into, instead they chose to play to the current war events and are leeching off the Red Alert name to appeal to the audience, it sickens me.

But what sickens me more is what their doing, the games have 10 years of history behind them, you don't just take that away. I have no problem with going into the new future, it's how their doing it.

I'm almost dreading to look at the concept art, I fear I may have to spit in disgust if what was mentioned is true.

Now the download doesn't work anymore at all....

hm, downloading with 2.5MB/s from the european mirror right now biggrin_o.gif

RA3 looks seriously lame, i just looked threw the list of units and have you seen some of the Empire of rising sun units? a giant robot and a Japaneses school girl...Seriously? I wasnt keen on the art direction and style of units in RA2 but i tolerated it and it was an enjoyable game. But this is getting a bit too out there and wacky for my liking. One of the russian APCs has got a man cannon that FIRES infantry units!!?

R.I.P Westwood.

i agree, i hate the man cannon almost as much as the armor clad bear they have put in too. and no the bear isn't a acronym for some cool armored vehicle its exactly that. a 4 legged hairy mammal, i really would of prefered the attack dogs those are a little more realistic and i don't at all like what they did w/ the new japanese army. i really wish they left out the sillyness and left it like it was from the first games. they didn't do this to tiberium wars and was actually a decient game.

anyway how do you install this game? it keeps asking me for the disc. the readme doesn't help either cause its looks like it was from the retail verson as it mentions the cd rom also.

The RA series ended with RA1 for me. The C&C series ended with Tiberian Dawn. I've passed on all follow ons, and I'll pass on this too. Freakin' lame.

An incident that happens and erases the history of the two pervious games..how convenient.

Have to agree with you there..

With all the monies spent on the game, a little more plot would of been nice! biggrin_o.gif