Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Island binarization question

Does not binarizing cause server server stability issues? I'm not anywhere close to being done with a map I'm working on So I've taken the route of non-binarization for now. I'm sure I will get around to it later then sooner. I tossed it up on a server for testing last night and it wouldn't work on a dedicated server. I ran a host game off my machine with it and it worked fine and had serveral people and AI on it. What gives?

I think it might cause problems, not sure though..

I'm sure Synide has the answer tounge2.gif

Anyway what's stopping you from binarizing when you compile?

It's really easy with BinPBO.

I haven't edited the rvmat's yet to reflect .paa's at the end of the texture paths in the layer folder of my island. So when you binarize you get the snow effect ( no textures loaded )

Sorry 10 million things going on at once. I will eventually get around to it.

I sure hope my dedi-server reads it nice once it's binarized. It's funny it works great on my machine.

I found while making our Australia map that Binarizing it reduced load times by 50%. Also maube my imagination but seemed to also get much better FPS

You're absolutely right, and as I suspected, the map is completely 100% stable when binarized.

I've found binazing has a massive effect on FPS and load times. Particularly noticeable with dedicated servers.