Sign in to follow this  
R. Gerschwarzenge

Ofp with 3d glasses

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NamelessOne @ April 10 2002,03:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Elite, I tried it, trust me. As I increase stereo separation I see all other objects start to split (without the glasses on), but the sights don't split at all. <span id='postcolor'>

Over here they split just fine, together with everything else on screen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> BTW, I'm talking about the iron sights in weapon view mode.<span id='postcolor'>

Are there any other "iron sights"? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe I get different results because I have an older video card (GeForce 256). confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps.... as far as nVidia drivers go, they support the full range of their chipsets from original GeForce up to GeForce4...

Ok, I have the eDimensional glasses and they work great, when i get into flashpoint and load up a mission, i set the convergence and seperation. But, how do you save your settings? I have to do it every time i start a new mission or restart flashpoint. Is this what you have to do?? Thanks.

You haven't said what card/drivers you have, but if it's an nVidia, there is a shortcut in the 'Game Configuration' area that you can set called 'Save Config'.

Check this out in your display properties area, and set the key you want. This will let you save your settings. smile.gif

I have a geforce 3, the hot-key is ctrl-f7, and it doesn't work when i use it to try to save the config, it just increases the convergence... what do i do?

I can only hope that this is not the same key as 'increase convergence'  wow.gif

Set a new key to the 'Save Config' option using the 'New Hotkey' box and the 'Set' button. Make sure it is unique within this screen and not going to clash in OFP.

Do what I normally do - assign a hot-key such as CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-F12.

Takes a lot of finger wrangling, but it ensures that this key won't be used by anything else except for what I want it to do smile.gif

I am also thinking of buying these, probably ED glasses($70 bucks) but i cannot see those images you guys have posted in 3d. I wear glasses and have a lazy eye that makes it dificult to focus. Thus most objects (often without me noticing it) are blurry or come in double. I was wondering if this would negate the 3d effect of the glasses? Thanks. tounge.gif

I wear prescription glasses. As per the eD FAQ, you can wear the 3d glasses over your existing ones (there's a fair amount of room with adjustable arms).

Don't use the static pictures posted here as a guide to how it will work, it's not representative of the 3d effect and is hard to do (you have to do the magic-eye thingy).

When wearing the glasses there is no eye-strain or special concentration required. With your normal vision, and with your glasses, it'll work fine.

If you're lucky that lazy eye just might pick up an enemy soldier trying to flank you!  smile.gif

Hey guys....

Just for your info, I just kinda "discovered" something last night while playing OFP3D...

I found that, as long as I have my convergence set to the minimum level (ie, CTRL-F5 until it stops converging), I can actually increase stereo separation ALL THE WAY up to 100% and still have a solid and useable iron sight as well as the white bouncy one....

I don't remember this being the case with my old Geforce2MX, but yesterday I just bought a new Elsa Gladiac 721 (GeForce3 Ti200) and I was re-setting all my stereo stuff for the new card when I discovered this...

I don't know how helpful it will be to you guys but I just thought I'd share this...

I got some of these glasses and they are pretty cool overall. I was a little disappointed using them with OPF, things just don't look quite as 3D as they do in other games. They work in pretty much all of the game games I have played but to varied degrees, so far the best that I have seen are sims like IWAR2, MW4, ILS, etc. They look pretty good in Ghost Recon though.. I'll check them out on HL based games and reply back.

Skadog, one game I remember that looked fantastic with 3D glasses was Unreal Tournament. I would also recommend Jedi Knight II.

ELiTe,

Great walkthrough! Thanks for being so detailed! I'll try your tips tonight. I've been having the Iron Sight problem as well. Thanks again!!! biggrin.gif

ELiTe,

Did you have to reprogram your hot keys to get your settings to save? Mine don't seem to save when I'm done. Leaving me to reset them eachtime.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 02 2002,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually I can post a 3d screenshot that can be viewed without 3d glasses. I'll take a screenshot later and post it here.

Here's some instructions how to look stereo images without 3d glasses.

http://www.stereovision.net/toxicx/noglasses.htm<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah good way to screw your eyes and end up getting them locked in somewhat of a crosseye position for the rest of the day. I remember those stupid books they sold. This thing should be illegal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 03 2002,01:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 02 2002,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually I can post a 3d screenshot that can be viewed without 3d glasses. I'll take a screenshot later and post it here.

Yeah good way to screw your eyes and end up getting them locked in somewhat of a crosseye position for the rest of the day.  I remember those stupid books they sold.  This thing should be illegal.<span id='postcolor'>

lol magic eye books were great biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ May 03 2002,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 03 2002,01:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 02 2002,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually I can post a 3d screenshot that can be viewed without 3d glasses. I'll take a screenshot later and post it here.

Yeah good way to screw your eyes and end up getting them locked in somewhat of a crosseye position for the rest of the day.  I remember those stupid books they sold.  This thing should be illegal.<span id='postcolor'>

lol magic eye books were great biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep they are. The stereo images actually improve your vision (it's like aerobics to your eyes). There's no harm watching them.

ELiTe,

Thanks again fot the detailed walkthrough of setting up the E Dimensional 3D Glasses. With your help I am playing Operation Flashpoint in a whole new world! Total 3D! It's breath-taking!

I ordered the E Dimensional 3D Glasses With the Head Tracker IR and OFP is like a whole new game. tounge.gif

For anyone considering getting 3D glasses to use with OFP RUN don't walk and order these glasses. When they arrive have a little patiance. The hardware/software takes about 5 minutes to set up. The settings for OFP take about a 1/2 hour to set up correctly. But once you set it up tou can save it and never have to worry about the setting for OFP again.

If your considering the Tracker IR head tracking unit. I would say it's only a must if you have the glasses. It adds such an amazing element when you can simply turn your head and look over your shoulder in the game, or glance up and bring your rifle to bear on that pesky sniper. What ever you turn your head towards, you look at in the game.

I've always prided myself on never getting any kind of motion sickness playing any video games... EVER. But when my buddy was flying the Apache in OFP and I was sitting in the gunner seat simply turning my head and looking around in 3D it was awesome! Then I spotted a target, a T-80 at 10 o-clock 800 meters! He banked hard and my stomach sank. The combination of 3D Glasses and the Head tracking unit brought our weapons to bear on the enemy tank fast. Faster then I could handle. I got a little quezzy. confused.gif

I fly on a regular basis. I've flown "Combat" missions with Air Combat USA. Was only a little quezzy inverted at 4 .5 G's. I was a little less quezzy in my computer room. But I was quezzy. Don't get me wrong, that's not a complant... That's a complament! Talk about realism!

If you're thinking about ordering the 3D Glasses or Tracker IR You can use this promotional code and get $5 off, simply enter 6874 into the promotional code field upon checkout, click redeem, and the'll handle the rest. If you order both at the same time you can get another $20 bucks off your order.

Before I sound any more like a commercial for E Dimensional I'm going to go play with my E Dimensional 3D Glasses and my E Dimensional Tracker IR Head Tracking Unit in the 3 Dimensional world that E Dimensional has introduced me to! biggrin.gif

Jason-Alaska

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jason-Alaska @ May 03 2002,07:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ELiTe,

Did you have to reprogram your hot keys to get your settings to save? Mine don't seem to save when I'm done. Leaving me to reset them eachtime.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I reprogrammed all the stereo keys the first time I ran up the calibration program. I didn't want to even have the distinct possibility of keys clashing with any games I might have, so I made up contorted key-presses for the stereo controls. biggrin.gif

ELiTe,

Again on your advice, I changed the shortcut keys to something requiring three fingers two hands and a toe to make them work. But they are working now. I've got all my setting saved and can play to my hearts content! smile.gif

Thanks for the follow up!

Have you tried the HeadTracker IR yet? If you haven't tried them yet they have a satisfaction guarentee, so you really can't lose! The've added as much to OFP for me as the 3D glasses have.

I'm starting to sound like an ad for Edimensional again. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jason-Alaska @ May 11 2002,01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Have you tried the HeadTracker IR yet? If you haven't tried them yet they have a satisfaction guarentee, so you really can't lose! The've added as much to OFP for me as the 3D glasses have.<span id='postcolor'>

No, not yet, and don't intend to in the near future... smile.gif I'm rather happy with my 3D glasses right now, don't need another toy to distract me yet wink.gif

AvonLady,

If you're out there can you add this info to the FAQ? YOur FAQ is the best one going for OFP. I'd love to see it complete with ELiTe's wonderful insight in the 3D Glasses realm. smile.gif

GO AVON!