Sign in to follow this  
R. Gerschwarzenge

Ofp with 3d glasses

You need to remap the 3D settings hot keys to keys the game isn't useing. I had the same problem till I remaped them.

Hi people....

It's me again.... with something new regarding 3D Stereoscopic OFP.

Seems that now, with Resistance, I am finally able to see a difference when I adjust screen depth and backplane (CTRL-F9/F10, ALT-F9/F10).

With these "new" controls working, I managed to tweak more "depth" to my games, ie now instead of just mucking with stereo separation and convergence, I throw in the backplane adjustments into the mix.

What I get now is a "deeper" OFP world... where people and objects will pop out even MORE than before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ELiTe @ Nov. 26 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I get now is a "deeper" OFP world... where people and objects will pop out even MORE than before.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds good - I might give it a try again. Although unforunately my monitor's still shit (not enough kHz to use higher resolutions in 3D sad.gif ).

Eilte: Which version are you using? Does the new 40.72 have 3d support or do i have to use 30.87?

Also, i can't install the 3d driver as Poweruser, and when i install them as administrator i can only use them as administrator, and (as if that wasn't bad enough) starting ANY application which uses DirectX or OpenGL as (Power)User reboots my computer. OS here is Win2K Prof, but i just bought XP Prof and will likely install that tomorrow.

Any hints?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (benu @ Nov. 27 2002,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eilte: Which version are you using? Does the new 40.72 have 3d support or do i have to use 30.87?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm still on 30.87, cos the 40.xx drivers do not have the stereo settings tab in the drivers.

Also, I don't use Win2K or WinXP for gaming....they are really not cut out to play games. The only reason why I still have WinME installed on this PC here - for games.

I'm using my edimensional glasses with the 30.87 dets and stereo and what a treat!  They cleared up some of the crosshair bugs from a while back so aiming is not only better than before, but I find that I actually improved due to added depth of field.  it's just so immersive i could play for hours.

oh wait, i already do that crazy.gif

R. Gerschwarzenge :

I can read that you buy your glasses for only 19 Euros.

Who can i find this cheapest glasses ?

In E-Dimensionnal, the glasses are more expensive (77 Euros) and then ....

Thank you for reply

Guys (or ladies biggrin.gif ), does this 3D glass thing improve your eye vision?

I read somewhere that stereographs are good for recovering vision, so maybe I can use that as the 'excuse' for adding another inventory to my gaming experience lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Yamato @ Jan. 02 2003,21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guys (or ladies biggrin.gif ),  does this 3D glass thing improve your eye vision?

I read somewhere that stereographs are good for recovering vision, so maybe I can use that as the 'excuse' for adding another inventory to my gaming experience lol<span id='postcolor'>

Who cares if it works or not, just tell everyone that it works, they'll believe it, and you'll have great excuse to buy this.

Hooray! Thank you DarkLight!

Hey people...

More updates.. I don't know if this is true, but finally I upgraded from Win9x to Win2k... these are the difference I found with OFP and 3D Stereo...

1) Stereo Hotkeys REALLY do NOT work! You gotta set Stereo to be "Enabled" in nVidia's control panel before you run OFP before the hotkeys work... In other words, if you set it to be "Enable by hotkeys" and you go into OFP, you can't activate stereo... only when you set it as ENABLED, then inside OFP you CAN enabled and disable fine.. strange.

2) When my iron sights started out being rendered as one single solid piece of graphic, I realised that it shouldn't be so, since it was splittable under Win9x... so I hit the ALT-F10/F9 and CTRL-F10/F9 combo to move the monitor depth and backplane, and viola!~ The iron sights split!

That's about it... hope this info will be useful to some of you out there...

I'm running windows XP with an Nvidia Geforce4 card, would these things work on my system?

And another thing, how do you type in MP? biggrin_o.gif

I'm running windows XP with an Nvidia Geforce4 card, would these things work on my system?

yes should work i think

just with your keyboard rock.gif

hah to type in mp press /

to change channel press , or .

yes but you're wearing those glasses, how can you see? biggrin_o.gif

Please refrain from ressurecting old threads.